Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been thinking how tennisplayers internally process their rivalries. From the outside we are looking at the stats and head to heads, but might each player actually be thinking along the lines of when they think they were beaten playing at their best and when they were beaten playing not their best and then process that into "a real scoreline"? What do you think? The human mind can discount a lot?

When you look at the Federer-Murray rivalry for example I see many matches where Federer just did not play his best and vice versa for Murray. Thats why when Fed once said Murray had beaten him many times when he was not at his "very, very best", Murray promptly answered the same was true for him. I would venture to say that basically every match of theirs but a couple is a matter of one not playing his best and thus losing...Do you think they each keep this in mind, when they look back on their rivalry?

Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
If you are competing, you believe you can win, if not you should not be playing. Excuses are childish. No one plays their best all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts