RIP Noa...condolence to his family :sad:

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Rest In peace :sad:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Can anyone translate the news from the French Article for me? I feel sad about this news too...Tennis lost a future young budding star...

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Such tragic news - he was so young. My condolences to his family - RIP Noa.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's a very sad news. Since I worked 16 years for the Quebec Tennis Federation, I knew Noa when he started to play. When I learned he had an abdomen cancer, I was on shock. When Rafa was in Chennai last year, he sent him a nice letter.

Even if Noa had to stop play tennis during the spring of 2006, he was so in advance compared to the other players in his category (16 and under) that 9 or 10 months later, without playing, he was still number one !

I know it's unfair to dye so young, but he will not suffer anymore. All my condolences to his family.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
paraphrased for Sue:

--------------------------------------
he was the number one player in quebec for 16 and unders. he was training in Florida in March 06 when he felt a pain in his stomachs, tests showed it was stomach cancer. his trainer sais he was an amazing young man who really enjoyed life. He always wanted to make a tennis career for himself and had the results, despite the fact he hadnt really grown tall.

during his 16 months of treatment he wasnt able to pick up a racquet but found other hobbies in skiing, golfing and music. Even if he hadnt of succeeded in tennis, he would have found a niche somewhere else easily.

he knocked up with Dechy at the Rogers cup and she often would asked Marie Eve Pelletier about how Noa was getting on with his treatment. He was a ray of sunshine who would never be defeated easily.

Despite not being able to continue tennis, he continued with his studies and had a 98% grade average (i think, im not sure about this part). the funeral is tomorro

-----------------------

gosh, thats so terrible, he was so young :sad:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts