Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,935 Posts
Fognini is shaking his head in disbelief.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
That's how doubles on challenger level looks these days, for 90% players it's only practice between singles, if tomorrow you have to be somewhere to meet qualies sign-in deadline, it's obvious you don't care about doubles final.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
That's hilarious. If that were me on the opposite side of the net, I'd try to hit clean winners as often as possible, maybe even do Lendl-shots at the net, and then do Nadal-like fistpumps in the opponents' faces.

(In my dreams.)

·
Registered
690 Posts
why do this in a semi final?

maybe injury? but then why not retire

the players do know this was streamed
Apparently the guy at the Net was trying. Probably a shoulder injury? Now to the betting people: if you abandon the match because of injuries after it was already started you already lost a set, the bet still counts?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Yeh, just watched again the the guy serving hit switched the racquet to his left hand after serving and then hit a 2HBH on his right side.

Probably an injury. Why they didn't give up I don't know.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
Now to the betting people: if you abandon the match because of injuries after it was already started you already lost a set, the bet still counts?
depends on the bookie

most bookies that offer challengers/Futures have the match complete rule
bwin for example has the 1 ball rule, so if one points is played bet counts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
show this to munoz de la nava

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
Milano Challenger: De Paula/Arevalo blatant tank vs Mektic/Sancic

Somebody should tell these guys they are being streamed :lol:

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
Re: Milano Challenger: De Paula/Arevalo blatant tank vs Mektic/Sancic

Oh, sorry, delete this thread

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
That's hilarious. If that were me on the opposite side of the net, I'd try to hit clean winners as often as possible, maybe even do Lendl-shots at the net, and then do Nadal-like fistpumps in the opponents' faces.
I'd do the opposite. If the opponent wants to tank, troll them with pre-emptive tanking of your own, hit literally everything into the net (aka play like Gulbis).

·
Not exactly average.
1,036 Posts
De Paula gave an interview saying he felt an injury already during warm-up, and as it didn't get better he called a MTO at 1/2. He wanted to retire but the umpire said they would lose the SF points and prize money, so his partner asked him to play to the end. Sounds more like a stupid stipulation in the rules than anything malicious IMHO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts