Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nadal:worship:, routine job after such a gruelling final and an exhausting trip.

Bodo was indeed right. Gasquet is an 'anti-tennis' player.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
:haha: :worship:

Even Tsonga or an injured Monfils would have done better than this mug today.

Dedicated to Grassquet.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
"Tired" :haha:

If this was a hard court tie, Rafa would've gone to Mallorca to rest his knees.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
France should have played Monfils who atleast can take advantage of Nadal's tired legs by staying at the rally for a long time. Ofcourse he would still probably lose in 3 sets.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Was Gasquet playing with a double hander today?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Never expected a win. Gilles has to bring his A-game next if France want another shot in the final.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
It wouldn't matter if this were hard or clay, Rafa has Richie's number and would have won in straights. But the fact this is clay is better for his body.

Disasterous performance from Richie from the first game he lost, which set the tone for the match. Rafa played alright and that's all that was needed. He says he's almost out of energy so he's going to want the rest of the boys to step up so he doesn't have to play again.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
France should have played Monfils.
:rolleyes: Monfils is injured.

I only saw sets 2 & 3, and yes it was a disappointing performance from Richard. Maybe, he really is not the man for DC.

However, loyalty shows in adversity.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Have you ever changed six time zones between playing best-of-five matches? No? Thought so.
Like Nadal really need any time to practice on clay before this tie, he probably hit for an hour and rested from Tuesday to Thursday.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
My sig sums up my opinion about this match.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
BTW, when they both started their careers, Gasquet was the one expected to become an all time great(even at 9 years old this was predicted) and win many slams not Nadal.:lol:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts