Mens Tennis Forums banner

Spain vs. Usa

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Location Spain, ground red clay, opponent Americans. Winner is not questionable only the final score IMHO.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Nadal isn't really consistent in playing Davis Cup, and neither is Ferrer. That said, if those two play it's tough to imagine the US coming out on top.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The US probably takes the doubles, only match they will have a chance in to get a point
My thoughts too. They might get another point only with retirement or similar.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
As long as the Spanish have their full team, they should win 4-1, with the Bryans winning their doubles in straight sets.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nadal isn't really consistent in playing Davis Cup, and neither is Ferrer. That said, if those two play it's tough to imagine the US coming out on top.
Oh come on. It's the SF's, on clay, in Spain.

Yeah...they'll totally skip that.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tie is in an empty period after US open. There is a good chance that they will play. From next year there will be ATP points for DC too, at least in 2009 everyone will play.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Spain 4-1 ;)

This will be one of the more biased polls ever :lol:

·
29,637 Posts
If Nadal and Pics play, or if even one of them play, the US will be made into paella.

Then again if Fumus' bizarre theory that Verdasco/Boredo play singles :cuckoo: then the Americans are well in the tie.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not like Roddick chances against both Ferrer and Nadal on a slow clay :tape:
I don't see him winning even against Verdasco, Moya, Almagro on clay.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spain 4-1 ;)

This will be one of the more biased polls ever :lol:
No doubt about it, and it will be so fun for bumping it if something unexected happens.:p

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Spain with two of Nadal, Ferrer, Ferrero or Moyá, should win 4-1. The rest (Almagro, Verdasco, Robredo, Lopez) is not reliable at all.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am optimistic and expect 1 win from USA, so 1:4 :)

One of the main reasons, why I'm waiting for this one, is to see Andy vs top-quality opposition on clay. Maybe it's gonna be ugly, who knows, but if he wins at least 1 set, I will be pretty pleased with that, as I don't expect more from him on clay :)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I would love to see Andy defeat the Spanish #2, most likely Ferrer, and at least take it to a 5th Live Rubber. That would almost be like a victory for USA.

3-1 is obviously the most likely result but far FAR stranger things have happened in Davis Cup than Ferrer losing to Roddick on clay. Especially considering Parallel Universe 2008, I wouldn't rule out something strange happening here. ;)

1 - 20 of 129 Posts