Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good match by our guys, and Nole appears to be in acceptable form for tomorrow. Now it remains to be seen what happens with Janko.

·
Registered
770 Posts
This match was painful. The Russians just completely forgot how to play doubles many times throughout the match. Downright stupid tactics at times. And they couldn't get out of their own way most of the time. They had so many chances and they all just went away as quickly as they came.

Lucky for Russia, the draw is in their favor. The Djoke will beat Davydenko, most likely. But if that happens Youzhny gets Troicki in the tie-deciding 5th rubber.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Youzhny/Tursunov, as a team, never won a doubles match in Davis Cup, and Troicki won't necessarily play the 5th rubber - Janko could muster up the energy.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Youzhny/Tursunov, as a team, never won a doubles match in Davis Cup, and Troicki won't necessarily play the 5th rubber - Janko could muster up the energy.

Even then it'd still be in Russia's favor.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
:woohoo:

I rarely enjoy doubles but i loved it this time, regardless of the result

I'm not really an optimist about the outcome of this tie...possible 3-2 score but we can still pray for a miracle

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Youzhny or Tursunov will rip apart Troicki/Tipsarevic in the 5th rubber.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It'll all depend on Janko's ability to grit his teeth and die on the court.

(The pressure on Troicki would be too much, I agree.)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Yeah but they had some tough opponents...Bryans, Llodra/Clement, now Zimonjic...ain't the shame to lose from doubles players like that

Either way it was satisfying for me...i like Dima, i like Misha, like the other 2...would've been better if Marat stayed instead of kissing Tarpi goodbye (literally) and walking out but oh well...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Misha and Mitya don't like to play doubles together - Sobkin says they don't "feel" or understand each other. So, no surprise in this result. The Russians are still favoured to win the tie tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even half-sick Nole has more aces up his sleeve/racquet than a fresh Troicki (no disregard here), and if Troicki could drive Kolya to the 5th, Nole must have at least an even chance (if not better).

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
So, no official informations who's gonna play tomorrow?
I hope Tipsarevic's gonna be fine tomorrow. He should, he got the virus before Nole did.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Viruses? Where are they? Both Novak & Janko were very healthy yesterday, day before..

I am so disapointed.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ It's almost certain that the 4th rubber would be between Nole and Davydenko. As for the 5th, still nothing carved in stone.

^ Didn't know that high fever or thigh pains show on TV... but perhaps you have some kick-ass modern appliance. (Or you're just a prick/****, depending on the gender.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
If djokovic wasn't a 100 % today, I don't think he will be 100% either tomorrow, so Kolya has a good chance. If it comes to a 5th rubber, Misha has some very good chances, unless he's too tired from his doubles.

My vote goes to Russia

·
Registered
56,000 Posts
What a match it was! 3 of my favorite best looking players of the ATP! :drool: If only Tipsy would have played instead of Novak! What a fest for the eyes! And they played tennis, too! OK, at least Misha and Zim did! ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts