Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
I don't think the tie is over to be honest, if the Swiss manage to grab the doubles, Federer should beat Fish and Wawrinka might take Isner if he has a bad serving day... Wawa is more comfortable with high bouncing balls anyway. But that's a big if!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Isner played fantastic, Roger's first serve percentage were low, and the high kicking surface was perfect for Isner. He made very very few unforced errors.

·
Registered
286 Posts
As for the match, John generally hit Fed off the court. And really like we have seen a few times, clay can augment his game quite well.
Exactly. John can play really well on clay.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
I doubt Fed even cares anymore...he has that resigned look on his face all the time nowadays:sad: I'm afraid the end is nearing for the greatest talent of all time...

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Relax, guys. Federer still played great. I don't buy the decline crap as well. Look, if we had players like Djokovic, Isner, Murray back in 03 - 05 they would still beat him every now and then. The competition is toughening up, I guess.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I bet all my VCash that people still call Isner an all-serve mug even after this win :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Now Isner needs to follow this win and take out Nadal for reals at the French this time. No 5 setters and all. Just eliminate him in the first round.

Reactions: WhataQT

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Relax, guys. Federer still played great. I don't buy the decline crap as well. Look, if we had players like Djokovic, Isner, Murray back in 03 - 05 they would still beat him every now and then. The competition is toughening up, I guess.
Get out of that thread, clown :stupid:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I bet all my VCash that people still call Isner an all-serve mug even after this win :lol:
Well... what's your point? He is American, isn't he?

·
Premium Member
20,661 Posts
Just watched the last two sets.

This was in no way Federer's fault. He played extremely well and may have just gotten down on himself at the very end.
Isner just barely outplayed him. IT WAS AWESOME!
:woohoo:
:woohoo:
I wouldn't say Fed played extremely well; he played what he probably thought was 'good enough' to beat Isner. And he was wrong, and by the time he realized that he couldn't find a way back in (especially as by that time Isner was more in the zone).

Fed says he doesn't underestimate any opponent, and I believe that he even believes that. But, it's human nature to do so. He didn't think he was going to lose to Isner on clay and he got burned. Guess he forgot about how Nadal struggled with Isner last year at RG, too.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Exactly. John can play really well on clay.
It's because of the bounce me thinks. On HCs his opponents use the slice a lot against him but on clay the slice stays way to high. Also Isner huge kicker gets an extra lift making it almost impossible to return.

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
Actually Swiss fucked themselves . This is the worst clay court which I have seen for very long time and Fed in unideal conditions can provide just Shankerer . Nice to see Breakballerer hasn't lost sharpness also

41 - 60 of 246 Posts