Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent work Thunder Lips to level the tie for the Czechs and keep them in it after Berdych's foibles against Safin.

Crafty tennis defeats the hitter. I wonder if Jaro will change the nominated doubles team now.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Steps!

Andreev on clay isn't what he used to be if an attacking player like Radek can beat him easily.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Andreev looked like a tennis apprentice out there. Stepanek was changing the rhythm of his shots and didn't allow the Russian come into the match. Great play. :yeah:
Shame that Berdych lost the opening match. It would have been over.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stepanek can play on all surfaces and hits a lot of dropshots and short angles and if Andreev can't keep him back on the baseline, then a guy like Radek can have success against him.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Stepanek came out really mixing up his shots and playing with a clear game plan which seemed to throw off Andreev a bit. There were lots of dropshots thrown in there, including one rally which included three dropshots from Stepanek. :lol: The good serves in the *5-3 game in the first set was important for Stepanek which helped him win the set where he was getting tight.

I expected Andreev to get more comfortable as the match went on, but instead he got worse and by the second half of the match, Stepanek didn't have to play that well himself.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I have a feeling that the Czechs can win this one if they win the doubles tomorrow.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thunder Lips had 4 from 5 break points converted, something Berdych could watch and learn.

The doubles switch will be interesting to see who is on the court tomorrow.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Thunder Lips had 4 from 5 break points converted, something Berdych could watch and learn.

The doubles switch will be interesting to see who is on the court tomorrow.
The Russian commentators were also speculating if Jaro will put Berdych/Stepanek tomorrow.
I'm not sure though, Dlouhy/Vizner could do the job also. :eek:

Igor you mug. :mad: :fiery: Please retire! :mad: :fiery:
Can you tell me WTF is wrong with Igor, is it movement or what? The knee crap made him slower than Sexy? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Andreev was simply beaten by a better and smarter player. His netplay is a pure comedy.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Russian commentators were also speculating if Jaro will put Berdych/Stepanek tomorrow.
I'm not sure though, Dlouhy/Vizner could do the job also. :eek:

Igor you mug. :mad: :fiery: Please retire! :mad: :fiery:
Can you tell me WTF is wrong with Igor, is it movement or what? The knee crap made him slower than Sexy? :rolleyes:
Dlouhy/Vizner might be the better option, well Dlouhy/Berdych played in Miami. Stepanek will be fresh, he has used Berdman/Stepanek in the last 2 ties. Lots of speculation.

As for Andreev, well he got outsmarted by a clever player. It's not like he is the best player when he is off balance.

People forget the DC heroics Andreev has done, he got chopped here, it happens.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Andreev has been crap all year, so this isn't a surprise.

PMK - what do you think the Czechs should do as concerns the doubles? A very good chance to go 2-1 up...do they trust Berdych's legs or bite the bullet and go for Dlouhy/Vizner? Tough choice imo.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts