Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good to see a fast surface and the crowd were definitely lively. Raonic able to come through, after serving a double fault on his 1st mp.

Benneteau scrapping as always, too bad couldn't make the pass at 30-30 when Raonic served for it.

The doubles should be fun.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
The Lacoste Davis Cup shirts are amazing.

Great job, Milos :worship: Fast surfaces can provide exciting tennis, part of the reason I look forward to Davis Cup is because we often get quick indoor hard courts (and grass in Australia :hearts:) and it's always great to see.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Solid performance. Should have been this scoreline against Hewitt, had he played like this in AO 3rd round.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Confident and commanding display from the young Canadian. :hatoff:

Benneteau played pretty well, tried everything in that 3rd set, but his opponent was just too good. :hug:

Indeed, good to see tennis on a FAST HC for a change again.
(just like I already commented on Tsonga's match earlier this night)

·
Premium Member
20,674 Posts
Great match from Milos :D he looked so confident from start to finish. I thought Benneteau played quite well, never really went away. Milos just too much for him. Bravo Milos! :clap2:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Benneteau had 36-20 W-UE ratio and was still beaten so comfortably :eek:
Well done Milos :yeah:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
I wonder if they sell those somewhere...they are sweet
I looked on the site, but they didn't have them. Probably for the best, if their classic shirts are almost $100, I would hate to see how much a customized flag one would cost :eek:

Wonder why Isner didn't get a cool custom one :scratch:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Benneteau had 36-20 W-UE ratio and was still beaten so comfortably :eek:
Well done Milos :yeah:
Benneteau was outclassed, not like he played shit at all, one of those guys. Raonic only faced 2 break points, especially on a quick surface like this, those chances are rare.

Reactions: Deathless Mortal

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
That version of Milos is just far too good for a player like Benneteau. He was way better than the last time the two played in Paris at the end of last year.

If Milos keeps this level up on Sunday, the match should be a great one against Tsonga. It really bodes well for the rest of his year, too.

He didn't deal with the pressure well against Hewitt, but this will be more experience in that area for him.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
It was great to see Milos serve amazingly and hit his groundies consistently tonight :D
The crowd was amazing, I didn't know if they would get loud but the end of that 2nd set sure proved me wrong :D :bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
I wonder if he considers putting Milos in for doubles tomorrow. After that serving performance, I'd really be tempted to do so.

Still, you need to have him fresh for Tsonga.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Benneteau was outclassed, not like he played shit at all, one of those guys. Raonic only faced 2 break points, especially on a quick surface like this, those chances are rare.
Yeah, I know. Those stats only show how really unplayable Raonic was. IMO Julien should've forced more play to Milos' backhand, although he runs around it, it would leave the other side of the court open. Also, getting a bit tight in crucial moments didn't help.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
It was so much fun today at DC. Milos was solid from beginning to finish. His serve was awesome. We were totally behind him and cheering for every point. 1-1 on Day 1. Looking for a win in tomorrow's doubles and hoping Benny will be tired. :p

Go Canada Go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts