Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
23,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to say Belgium is quite fortunate not to face the #1 and #2 Swiss and Canadian singles players in their R16 and Quarters ties and only facing players below the Top 100 I think (although Belgium themselves only have 1 current Top 100 player in the form of Goffin).

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have to say Belgium is quite fortunate not to face the #1 and #2 Swiss and Canadian singles players in their R16 and Quarters ties and only facing players below the Top 100 I think (although Belgium themselves only have 1 current Top 100 player in the form of Goffin).
Darcis and Bemelmans (God knows how) are also top 100 and Coppejans is n° 102.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
They drew Spain, Serbia and DC GOAT Kazakhstan in R1 the past few years so I don't see any problem with them having a soft draw this year ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Darcis and Bemelmans (God knows how) are also top 100 and Coppejans is n° 102.
By performing better than every imaginable player outside the top 100?

Anyway, Bemelmans played an excellent doubles match today: served well and was excellent at the net.

Nestor was pretty out of sorts today.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Daniel Nestor is too old sad he is still on the Davis Cup team. Tennis Canada needs to put in more money to nurture the next generation. Disappointed in Filip Peliwo he is too skinny sad he ranked so low. Why is Tennis Canada not helping him? He had an awesome junior career former number one. It goes to show junior and men tennis two different worlds. The kid needs a bigger serve better coaching and better fitness.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
do you really believe they have a good chance?

Argentina are far more complete-passionate as a DC team
Without Del Potro, yes. Argentina has good claycourters. The tie not being held in Argentina, they won't play on clay obviously. If Goffin manage to win his two singles, Belgium has a real chance.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Canada is in ruins.

Well basically they are 70% wasteland anyway.
Actually I'm fairly certain once Raonic pulled out we knew it would be difficult, then once Pospisil was out it was fairly NID. I actually said somewhere else I now expects a 5-0 loss with MAYBE a win in the doubles.

It was confirmed when Darcis won the first match that they would move on.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Without Del Potro, yes. Argentina has good claycourters. The tie not being held in Argentina, they won't play on clay obviously. If Goffin manage to win his two singles, Belgium has a real chance.
Goffin is quite good on grass, grass is also Bemelmans best surface and Darcis can play quite good on grass as well.
And Argentina on grass... Well they suck on grass.
I hope they go for grass and not for HC.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Goffin is quite good on grass, grass is also Bemelmans best surface and Darcis can play quite good on grass as well.
grass would be a good choice but does belgium have a good enough grass court for this?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I agree. But are there any grass courts in Belgium?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts