·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great effort from Vasek.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
A bit of a choke in the fourth set, but still a great win. It's always tough to win in Israel against Sela.

·
Premium Member
20,683 Posts
I only saw the last set and a half. Doesn't Pospisil usually serve better than this? Well, anyway I'm glad he won... this was a very important rubber with Milos's form being an unknown. Go Canada! :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Really solid win given the circumstances. Many players wouldn't have made it mentally with that crowd against.

BTW, how terrible are these Canadian announcers? Huge five-setter and they were barely excited, unbelievable..

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
So many ups and downs throughout the match. :tape:

Vasek had a BP for double break up in the first and then let Dudi get back in the match. In fact, Dudi was the better player in the latter half of the set. Somehow he took the set in the TB.

In the 2nd, Dudi immediately led the score, breaking Vasek's first game. Vasek came back and had two set points in the TB *6-4 to only lose 4 consecutive points afterwards. Dudi 8-6

It was a one way traffic in the 3rd. Vasek 6-1

4th set, Vasek was up a break, got broken, earned another break and had a couple of BPs for the 2nd break. Then there was a huge momentum shift. Dudi took the set in the 3rd TB of the match. 7-6(2)

5th, Dudi made the first move with a break to only get broken twice in a row later. Vasek served it out without too much drama in the end. 6-3

Attachments

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,845 Posts
:sobbing:

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
OMG.. this sounds like such a mug match! However, I am pleased with the end result. GO VASEK :yeah: Great result for him and for Canada!

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
This Popsicle is good.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Well played, Vasek.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts
Vasek really could've won this match 5-0. He had great chances to win all of the sets.

Every time I see him play, I am left impressed by how he kept his cool and played the match until the last point.

It's weird how things worked out, the #2 won his match and the #1 lost his match.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Vasek really could've won this match 5-0. He had great chances to win all of the sets.

Every time I see him play, I am left impressed by how he kept his cool and played the match until the last point.

It's weird how things worked out, the #2 won his match and the #1 lost his match.
well.. Milos had food poisoning on top of just coming back from an injury, being in recovery mode in the last 6 months. It's not that weird that he lost.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
That Popsicle is good! Was in the match, good mental stuff from him (double too, I didn't go today, but watched on TV), HE has a bright future ahead of him, Andy Ram said "The kid is going places". Andy Murray was here in 2005 and with... can't remember who he partnered, completely shocked Andyoni, I think that is only the second time they've lost at home.

Pity, we counted that point as ours.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
True, but he's without his regular partner, and Andy and Yoni have a remarkable record in Israel, I thought it would be tight, but that at home, we'd win.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Like Or said, Andy&Yoni didn't lose a DC tie at home since the beginning of 2005. Then they messed up 4 BPs in one game in the third set, and... :sad:
But huge mental strength from Pospisil in the last game of the match, kept his cool even though Israel saved 4 MPs and had 3(?) BPs to break back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts