Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on who the 4 semi finalists are and the way the 1st set is going in the Ivo / Roddick match those courts must be insanely fast.

·
Registered
14,410 Posts
that's what I thought, too; but on the other hand Capdeville made it to the quarters and was close to defeating Karlovic:eek:

·
Your visions will happen
47,132 Posts
Roddick and Karlovic would play tiebreaks, regardless of surface, but yeah, DC is playing insanely fast

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
It's faster than most hard courts in the world but not insanely fast. It just appears that way because of how Isner, Monfils, Roddick, and Ivo are playing. It plays faster than Montreal though and much, much, faster than IW and Miami.

·
Registered
24,626 Posts
that's what I thought, too; but on the other hand Capdeville made it to the quarters and was close to defeating Karlovic:eek:
Capdeville is looking extremely well fitted to faster surfaces when I saw him last year during a good stretch. And I smelled that it's not going to be like facing Gaudio or Puerta on a fast surface as I saw rusty Kiefer was going to play him on grass.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5-5 in 2nd set, Karlovic is winning 95% of 1st serve point, 75% of 2nd serves and hitting 65% 1st serves and he still might lose in straight set. If I'd heard those numbers before the match I would have felt really safe for a Karlovic win??!!

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
yes they are fast but not that much as u can think

u can play from the baseline pretty much at least a match is played by two monster serves as roddick and Karlovic are doing now :lol:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
when roddick was in his prime - 2003...he was winning these type of matches routinely.

these courts are fast by today's standards or should i say "they are not slow" but not anywhere near the ice rinks of europe in the 90's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts