·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Expected 2-0 lead for the US.

Melzer and Koubek are two of the biggest muppets in tennis, people wasn't expecting them to win a live Davis Cup match against top 10 players were they?

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
About Blake's record against left-handers, how long is he unbeaten now? Years?

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Before GWH comes in here and starts yawning about how unimpressive Blake's win is because he didn't beat a top in-form clay courter, let me just say that this win marks Blake's first DC win on clay, ever. He had lost the first set and surprisingly fought like hell to get the break in the second. For once, he won a LIVE away tie rubber. This is the same mental midget James Blake who craps out on even his best surfaces for no apparent reason. Koubek is a tough opponent for James so this is a very impressive win for him. Well done to the USA's Weakest Link. :worship:

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
GWH won't post in here, it's not about Roddick.

Reactions: adee-gee

·
29,637 Posts
Chokefest- Blake choked the first set away and then Koubek the second.

James was stronger in the end, props to him. :hatoff: He's reached an outside of US quarter final in a slam and won a key DC victory in the final, so his mind seems to be stronger than ever.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Expected 2-0 lead for the US.

on the red stuff? I fully expected 2-0 for the Austies.

Not really, but I would not have been surprised.:devil:

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Melzer and Koubek are two of the biggest muppets in tennis, people wasn't expecting them to win a live Davis Cup match against top 10 players were they?
expected

i saw exactly all these things coming. i think i wrote it in the gamblers lounge when bad gambler was tempted to take austria.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Be proud of that effort Koubek leading 7-5 5-2 and having set points to take the 2nd and then lose the last 2 sets 2 and 2.

Blake did what he needed to do to get the W and that is all that can be expected.

Jaap summed it up pretty much about Melzer and Koubek, they lack the mental fortitude when it gets tight, it's not new.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
too good James :yeah:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts