Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great seeing real grass court tennis. Love Tomic's cerebral style of play.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Wawrinka doesn't have much of a clue on grass, good win for Tomic at least the tie goes to Day 3.

·
Your visions will happen
50,989 Posts
Now we see why Federer doesn't play Davis Cup.

Has to fly all the way around the world to Australia to watch Wawrinka break his heart once again.

Poor Roger.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Tomic played excellent, just got better as the match wore on. He's going to be a tremendous grass court player, clearly his best surface, his game really suits it as he's got so much variety.

Way to go Bernie!! :yeah:

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Real grass court tennis and cerebral play from Tomic? :spit:

Not sure WTF match you were watching but it surely wasn't the same as me. :lol:
That was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. Tomic was pushing even more than usual, many of his slices looked to be in the neighborhood of 40 MPH and yet Wawrinka was shanking them so badly that even Fed would be proud :tape:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Real grass court tennis and cerebral play from Tomic? :spit:

Not sure WTF match you were watching but it surely wasn't the same as me. :lol:
That was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. Tomic was pushing even more than usual, many of his slices looked to be in the neighborhood of 40 MPH and yet Wawrinka was shanking them so badly that even Fed would be proud :tape:
It's actually nice to see a slice moving through a grass court like it should unlike Wimbledon. Wawrinka's known to have bad days with his forehand and Tomic did what he needed to do and keep it low and let Wawrinka shank every third ball out.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
It's actually nice to see a slice moving through a grass court like it should unlike Wimbledon. Wawrinka's known to have bad days with his forehand and Tomic did what he needed to do and keep it low and let Wawrinka shank every third ball out.
Well, it's a true grass court. Which is Tomic's best surface. His slice is a nightmare to deal with on it, but still, Wawrinka was appallingly bad, even for a guy that we already know is useless on the surface.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
You'd think Mugwinka would put up more of a fight after leading by a set and being a break up in the third. His Swiss master is definitely not taking him out for a walk today after this performance :eek:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
dunno how much Wawrinka's leg injury was bothering him, he had a lot trouble moving forward and chasing down drop shots, and his bh was a mess today. Fed's got his work cut out for him once again...

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
The only point i saw in this match was the replay of Tomic's slice cross-court passing shot. You don't see that everyday lol.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
And some people criticized Federer in the past for not trying to win the Davis Cup. :) People say he has Wawrinka,a good player on his side and can win the Davis Cup together.But the reality is Wawrinka is not really a good Davis Cup player and his stats show it.If he can`t win this kind of match against Tomic,he surely can`t beat a good player from Spain,Serbia or France

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
And some people criticized Federer in the past for not trying to win the Davis Cup. :) People say he has Wawrinka,a good player on his side and can win the Davis Cup together.But the reality is Wawrinka is not really a good Davis Cup player and his stats show it.If he can`t win this kind of match against Tomic,he surely can`t beat a good player from Spain,Serbia or France
"This kind of match". Odds were about even for the two, Tomic played on his best surface, Stan on his worst. Far from a shocker this result. But most countries don't have the opportunity to choose grass like Australia.. On clay/hard Switzerland with Roger and Stan is a damn good team with chances to win it all, especially since they're the best doubles team in the world.

Anyway, Tomic controlled the play well after the first set. He gave Stan very little to play with and won deservedly.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Now we see why Federer doesn't play Davis Cup.

Has to fly all the way around the world to Australia to watch Wawrinka break his heart once again.

Poor Roger.
honestly you can't blame him, for such a brilliant individual it must be hard to rely on others capable of failure

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
"This kind of match". Odds were about even for the two, Tomic played on his best surface, Stan on his worst. Far from a shocker this result. But most countries don't have the opportunity to choose grass like Australia.. On clay/hard Switzerland with Roger and Stan is a damn good team with chances to win it all, especially since they're the best doubles team in the world.

Anyway, Tomic controlled the play well after the first set. He gave Stan very little to play with and won deservedly.
I understand what u say but if u look at Wawrinka`s stats before this tie it says 15 wins and 15 losses in Davis Cup which is really not good for a solid Davis Cup player.And if the Swiss want to go all the way they have to win tough ties against the like of Spain,Serbia or France and i really don`t see it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts