Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Banned
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferru :worship: :worship: Just too fit for Delpo.

Sucks for us since the tie is basically over for Argentina but I was chuffed to see Ferrer so happy at this tough win. Great match.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Ferrer is the best Spanish Davis Cup player ever. Just too good.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Del Potro was playing brilliantly. Then, for reasons I can't discern, he decided to start DFing on every BP. Great strategy, this.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Yea Delpo has to work on the fitness still.

Is Nalbandian playing? We got two guys on Argentina who have the cardiovascular system of Oprah

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Ferrer too tough, NID really

·
Registered
853 Posts
I KNEW this would go 5 sets. But I thought Pony would win.

Good job Ferru.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Good effort from juan. Given he hasn't played in awhile it's understandable how he fell apart in the 5th physically

·
Registered
853 Posts
Argentina might as well pack their bags and go home. This tie is OVA!

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
Ferrer is last guy from whom I would want to take something but after watching 4+ hours match you fell somehow cheated when better player loses but that's it how it is . Go Delpo in the store and buy few kilos of stamina, or even better stay away from Nalby

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Does Ferrer ever get tired? he's 30, he's played 3 tournaments in November and yet he was running like Usain Bolt after 4hours.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Adios, Argentina!

Great match, close but a Ferrer win was never in doubt. No way an Argentinian player would win a close contest on a Davis Cup final...

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
u__u...

Not this again.

Well. Ferrer played like a God. He's a hell of a player, with a very deserved ranking.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Does Ferrer ever get tired? he's 30, he's played 3 tournaments in November and yet he was running like Usain Bolt after 4hours.
That's something called good fitness. Del Potro should try it one of these days. It could work very well for him.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Commentator was saying that after he beat Djokovic at WTF last week, Ferrer was back in the gym an hour later running on the treadmill to prepare for the match against Berdych.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
disappointing stuff from d pot in sets 4 and 5.......what pathetic fitness level......

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Pics, what a legend. Nothing can dampen this little fighter's spirits so it seems. Great performance, and how happy he was after that victory! :bounce: :hearts:

I see no come-back for Argentina possible anymore, even though I root for Spain it makes me feel a bit sad to know that Argentina's chances are close to zilch on the first day of the final already. :eek:
I would have liked to see the competition a bit tighter but alas it wasn't to be. I can well see Spain grabbing this title 5-0 now unless some Spanish player feels a bit of mercy on their opponents in the final rubber. :angel:

Poor JMDP. Such a great player at times, but somehow you could just feel he'd collapse in the 4rth set, and be done in the 5th. As I didn't watch all of the match, I guess it was a matter of lacking stamina most of all? I did watch the first three sets and he looked pretty good there, apart of some scary batches of inconsistency. Poor fellow, this must hurt a lot... :hug:

1 - 20 of 209 Posts