Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Will Win This Battle?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
davydenko (yeaaaa im on the bandwagon).

seriously davydenko.

damn u were trying not to jinx him , and i just did that.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
All depends on Davy's head. If he believes he can win then he will do so. If he doesn't have the belief then he couldn't be facing a worse opponent because Nadal always starts with belief though on hardcourts players can quickly beat the belief out of him.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tough to call after seeing them both play really well here in the last couple of matches.
I'd say its pretty even if I didn't think there is a good chance Davydenko chokes if he comes close to winning.
But he definitely has the game to hurt Rafa.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Nadal 6-0, 6-0. Denko will win 10 points total.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
davydenko (yeaaaa im on the bandwagon).

seriously davydenko.

damn u were trying not to jinx him , and i just did that.

according to the stats over their entire atp career, Davydenko loses 64% of the time while Nadal loses just 26% of the time.

Nadal also has the best batting % in the open era of anybody once in a final. lets hope he can get this done. he needs it as he has not won a title since last july.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Davydenko has the game to bother Nadal but honestly I don't think he'll be able to keep up the level needed to actually win. So I think Nadal will win the title

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I don't think Nadal will have too much troubles. He knows that if he makes Davydenko play from the middle of the court he will draw enough mistakes from him

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Although the fixer is trails 0-2 in the H2H vs Nadal, I see him as a more dangerous player than Roddick (who is 2-2 vs Nadal) for Rafa

I wanted Roddick in the Final

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Nadal will win. He will not refuse the opportunity to get closer to Federer and get away from Djokovic. Champions don't let such chances go away.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
No friggin' idea to be honest.

Rooting for Rafa but wouldn't mind it at all if Denko runs away with this title - the premier reason for that being that I think the bloke really deserves a compensation for all the bucketloads of Mr. Disney/ATP-shit he's got poored onto his head during the past few months.

Tennis will be the winner here! :rocker2:

·
Registered
347 Posts
with regard to the last poll option, it is now established that Kolya is an underrented late blossom.

by this standard Rafa is a highly rented early blossom.

but "caparisons are odorous" as Mrs Malaprop would say

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I've got everyone of the big matches right in the last few days and here it is on this one :

Nadal in 3.

now go put your house on it and thank me later.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well I truly believe Rafa has a much better chance of beating Davydenko than he would have had beating Roddick. With Davydenko, Rafa at least has a chance to get into some sort of rhythm. That doesn't mean he'll win, of course. If Davydenko plays the way he did tonight, he can totally beat Rafa.

My only prediction is that it will be a tough match, regardless of who survives to come out on top.

I'm rooting for Rafa, but to be quite honest, I'm also rooting for Kolya.

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Nadal in straights. Unlike Robo Rod, Rafito knows how to play from the baseline. And Kolya will probably choke at some point.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Although this may well end up being a very tough match, Nadal also played a top-notch Davydenko in Shaghai and ended un wearing him down.

Not to mention that this court is much more beneficial to Nadal's style of play than the one in Shaghai + Nadal is playing more aggressive and is serving quite well in this tourny.

I'd dare to say Nadal in two tight sets.

If not Nadal in three, the third set being relativley easy for Nadal, as Davydenko will be more tired.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nadal in straights. Unlike Robo Rod, Rafito knows how to play from the baseline. And Kolya will probably choke at some point.
Russian chipmunk will need to be pushed. Nadal is going to have to try to construct points and then go after him. Davydenko is not likely to self-destruct like Berdych.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts