Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis - Reports in the Russian media have suggested that former world no. 3 Nikolay Davdydenko has retired from professional tennis.

The 33-year-old Davydenko lost in the first round of the French Open in his last outing on the tour, his 10th loss in 16 matches this season, and had indicated that he would not play at Wimbledon and was contemplating his future in the game. Now, sources close to the Russian Davis Cup team and tennis federation say that Davydenko has decided to retire and that he would be honoured with a farewell ceremony at the Kremlin Cup later this year.

The Russian peaked at no. 3 in the world rankings in November 2006. He reached the semi-finals at Grand Slams on four occasions - twice each at the French Open and the U.S. Open, and also won the 2009 ATP World Tour Finals.
>>> http://www.tennisworldusa.org/has-nikolay-davydenko-retired-from-professional-tennis-articolo18772.html.
______

:tears:

·
Your visions will happen
47,138 Posts
Re: Davydenko to retire at Kermilin cup

Saw it coming, and it was certainly time, but still very sad :awww:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts

It's sad if true. Davydenko was a really good player, and I liked him a lot. But I guess it's the right time for him as he hasn't been playing well for quite a while.

Good luck to him in retirement. I'll definitely miss him as a player.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

to bad davy:sad:

but everyone saw it coming for a while now.

good luck in whatever you choose to do in your life post tennis davy

·
Registered
6,407 Posts

Head to head intact, what a boss.
Many scholars of the game made good money on Denko's tanks at RG 11 and Barcelona 14.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

I can see the new headline, "Nadal Takes Wildcard to Moscow".

·
Registered
283 Posts

Noooooooo!!! What a dreadful end to such a dramatic career. I hope he will play one more tournament, just so we can have a chance to watch his tennis one last time. Glad I got to meet him at the US Open last year.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts

Shit just got serious....... :sad: i'll definitely watch (if it's possible) his ceremony at Kremlin Cup ..... good luck in post tennis life Davy , marvelous player with godlike hand-eye coordination.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Title is a bit misleading. From what I've understood he has already retired, there will be just a ceremony at the kremlin cup.

One of my favorites players ever when it comes to pleasure of watching him play, one of a kind ballstriker...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

not surprised at all so all in all this was a nice decision.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts

It was the best thing to do.

Still... Davydenko at his peak was thunderous and magnificent to watch! I'll miss him dearly.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

Shame to see him retire, but it was time really. Still I'll miss the guy, great player and was joy to watch, especially during his prime.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts

expected, I predicted this a few of his match threads ago, it is time for him to retire, he's a shell of himself and was just hurting his legacy staying out there as a sub top 80 player.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts