Davydenko expects to be cleared
By Sam Lyon
Nikolay Davydenko will be cleared of all match-fixing charges imminently, according to the Russian's lawyer.
Irregular betting patterns surrounding Davydenko's defeat by Martin Vassallo Arguello at last August's Sopot Open prompted the ATP to launch an inquiry.
But Frank Immenga told BBC Sport: "They should clear him any moment now."
And that may prompt retributive action from the 27-year-old, with Immenga saying: "We're certainly looking at it. The whole inquiry has been a farce."
The investigation into Davydenko's surprise defeat to Arguello last year has been the longest-running inquiry ever held into match-fixing in tennis.
Nearly $7m (£3.5m) was placed in wagers on Betfair as the Russian retired through injury while 6-2 3-6 1-2 down in the second round match in Poland.
The online betting company took the unprecedented step of voiding all bets on the match, but Immenga said: "How the inquiry has proceeded is farce.
"They have phone records dating back from August last year and have come up with nothing. I don't know what they are doing - they are obviously fishing in the dark.
"It is a very sad story because Nikolay has been badly damaged by all of this."
The Tennis Integrity Unit, set up by the ATP in response to the Davydenko case, have since punished several lower-ranked players for betting on matches.
And they are due to publish a full report into their findings on match-fixing in tennis during the French Open at the end of May.
Davydenko is seeded to face Britain's Andy Murray at the Master Series in Miami, which began on Wednesday.