Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/04/04/sports/NA-SPT-TEN-Davydenko-Olympics.php
Davydenko mulls skipping Beijing Olympics to concentrate on U.S. Open
The Associated Press
Published: April 5, 2008

KEY BISCAYNE, Florida: Fourth-ranked Nikolay Davydenko said he might skip the Beijing Olympics because the long flight could hurt his performance at the U.S. Open.

American Andy Roddick already said he won't go to Beijing because he wants to focus on the U.S. Open, which follows the Olympics in August. Roddick, ranked No. 6, is the only top player to say he won't play in Beijing.

"I don't want to say 100 percent I go to the Olympics, because for me it's very important in America to play after the Olympics the U.S. Open," Davydenko said Thursday.

Davydenko said he's made the flight from the United States to China.

"It was 12 hours to fly and 12 hours difference between the USA and Asia," he said. "Recovery was maybe three or four days. It's so tough."

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
seriously, i don't think he does care about the ranking points. i know some players skip the olympic games just to have a chance to get more ranking points but this doesn't belong to donkey. donkey hates to play for free. that's why he also doesn't show up in davis cup like he should do.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Its an honour to be able to play at the Olympics - a priviledge. So am not sure why so many players won't. Anyway surely Russia pays for his flight and accomodation while there do they not?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
that makes sense. davydenko's literally homeless currently, trying to get his hands on whatever passport comes along. he didn't want to represent the ukraine (where he was born), doesn't want to represent russia (which he reluctantly still does) and still cannot represent germany (which he wanted to initially) and probably will have problems representing austria (which he's trying to do in the near future).

so why bother playing at the olympics now?

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
that makes sense. davydenko's literally homeless currently, trying to get his hands on whatever passport comes along. he didn't want to represent the ukraine (where he was born), doesn't want to represent russia (which he reluctantly still does) and still cannot represent germany (which he wanted to initially) and probably will have problems representing austria (which he's trying to do in the near future).
which is his own fault and shows his pathetic personality. he don't want to play for his own country where he was borned? WTF? he don't want to play for russia? WTF? this guy is only playing for himself and the money.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
which is his own fault and shows his pathetic personality. he don't want to play for his own country where he was borned? WTF? he don't want to play for russia? WTF? this guy is only playing for himself and the money.
And tell me why anyone would want to go pro if it wasnt for the money?

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
expected

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Right choice. I am normally very interested in Olympics.. But not in this ones.. Have no interest in totalitarian games.. Olympics should never have been awarded to countries like China in first place..

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
weird i thought u do what u do because of the love for the game, thats the way i know from basketball and other sports
You can love the sport and play it in your back yard or at the local park.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts