Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Hmmmm... strange.
Couldn't see the match but apparently Denko was having a lot more trouble with Minar than many would have expected.

Anyway, congrats Denko! :hatoff:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Kolya :woohoo: And well done for fighting back! Quite frankly, the more people become bitter and twisted about his wins - the more it makes me smile :angel:

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Ivo Minar is quite a decent player, I'm not surprised by the scoreline. I didn't watch the match, anyone did? And what's your take on it?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
yeah, first set made me think of a tank job but Davydenko started getting better
Minar played quite well, some screaming forehands DTL in the first set. He did very well to comeback from 4-1 to 4-4 in the 3d but I think he got tired in the process.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Whilst Davydenko was poor in the first set Minar did play very well and it wasn't as awful as the stats suggest, Davydenko's UE's, well a lot of them would be called forced at most tournaments.

Second set Davydenko stepped up and was easily winning but his momentum was lost in the third near the beggining and the errors crept back in. Minar was better than he usually is today with far fewer errors but not quite enough quality to get the scalp.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Kolya got going in 2nd set

Minar played really great in 1st.

Kolya let it slip and let him back in 3rd :eek: :eek:
still got it together and wrapped it up.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Ivo Minar is quite a decent player, I'm not surprised by the scoreline. I didn't watch the match, anyone did? And what's your take on it?
Minar played very well in the first set, and Kolya seemed a bit surprised and unprepared - maybe he underestimated him? :shrug: But by the second set, Kolya had settled into more of a rhythm, and Minar also started to make a few more UE, and from then on, there was only one winner in my opinion.

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I have to wonder if Davy will hit a wall soon with his great Miami run and DC. I do hope he makes it to the final though- racquet intact.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Reactions: *Ljubica*

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Three sets, but that is kind of usual for Nikolay. A win is still a win though. :yeah:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I wonder if this whole run will produce some 2R or 3R exits in MC and Rome

·
Registered
27,928 Posts
I wonder if this whole run will produce some 2R or 3R exits in MC and Rome
could happen. But let's see if he makes it to the final in this tournament.

In his interview for RTP (portuguese tv channel) he said that he isn't feeling very confortable and isn't playing his best, but his Miami victory gave him a lot of confidence. (something like that)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts