Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
15,883 Posts
never in doubt :shrug: i guess Dima will never beat Davydenko

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Davydenko should've got it done easier but oh well. Some amazing tennis mixed with some awful tennis from both but Dima never really looked likely to actually win.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Typical Dima match. A master tactician this guy is not.
:lol: So true! I spent most of the match shouting at the TV screen and wanting to strangle him :rolleyes: Guess he will never change, and anyone who supports him just has to accept it :shrug:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just wanted to point out what a great and incredibly underrated tennis player Nikolay Davydenko is.

The guy is amazingly finetuned regarding coordination, I think it's great to watch him play.
Incredible wide forehands down the line!

Very possible that he is going to change his approach to losing early in small tournaments this year(irrespective of if this has been due to just grabbing start money to be able to rest or match fixing).

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just wanted to point out what a great and incredibly underrated tennis player Nikolay Davydenko is.

The guy is amazingly finetuned regarding coordination, I think it's great to watch him play.

Very possible that he is going to change his approach to losing early in small tournaments this year(irrespective of if this has been due to just grabbing start money to be able to rest or match fixing).
Davy has more talent than most people let on.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

I agree with you. I was thinking the same thing when I watched his match against Santoro yesterday. He definitely deserves a lot more respect than he gets now

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Fully agree with you. It's very sad that a lot of people don't seem to recognize his talent. He's a top player for a REASON.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fully agree with you. It's very sad that a lot of people don't seem to recognize his talent. He's a top player for a REASON.
People just don't like him because he looks anemic and he speaks uncomfortable truths. COMPLETELY unfair.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
People just don't like him because he looks anemic and he speaks uncomfortable truths. COMPLETELY unfair.
Yeah, that may well be the case. I've noticed myself jumping to the defense of the guy for that reason lately. It IS indeed, as you say, COMPLETELY unfair. The guy deserves a break from all the bashing he's lately been receiving.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Yeah, that may well be the case. I've noticed myself jumping to the defense of the guy for that reason lately. It IS indeed, as you say, COMPLETELY unfair. The guy deserves a break from all the bashing he's lately been receiving.
so why doesn't he give the fans a break? i've met him two times at tournaments (in germany and paris) when we went to watch him practice. he's not been nice and left without signing any autographs, not even smiling at the people waving over.

i don't get why people defend him constantly. we might have to face it: some people are pricks and davydenko's probably one of them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank God he won this. I couldn't watch the match today and I was really hoping he wouldn't stop here. Kolya's my favorite player. I was glad to read Komodo's comment.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so why doesn't he give the fans a break? i've met him two times at tournaments (in germany and paris) when we went to watch him practice. he's not been nice and left without signing any autographs, not even smiling at the people waving over.

i don't get why people defend him constantly. we might have to face it: some people are pricks and davydenko's probably one of them.
Could be. OTOH, he might just be sick to death of being treated badly. :shrug: We might want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I agree with you. I was thinking the same thing when I watched his match against Santoro yesterday. He definitely deserves a lot more respect than he gets now
Its good to no there are other people on MTF that don't Davydenko bash. Hes has never got enough credit for his accomplishments.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Its good to no there are other people on MTF that don't Davydenko bash. Hes has never got enough credit for his accomplishments.
There are quite a few around, I assure you. ;)
A lot of the Davydenko bashing came forth from him 1) not actually being an ATP Poster Boy drawing in gazzillions of $$$$$$, 2) his way of expressing himself in a quite dorky manner in so-called sensitive matters, and 3) of course, the Betting Allegations - for which there has been *no proof whatsoever* so far.

In the mean time people seem to have forgotten that he in fact is a GREAT tennis player - his high ranking being the result of his unmistakable talent and his very hard working.
Okay, I'll step off my Lawyer Soap Box for now. I think I've been doing my job pretty well tonight. :lol: :wavey:
Too bad I don't get payed for this, grrr. :mad: :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts