Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Russia soundly outplayed the Czech team in this match. Even in the first set, I had the impression that if the Russians could pick up their baseline play they would have a decent shot in this match since they were getting quite a number of looks on the passing shots but were too erratic at the time. In the last three sets, Davydenko and Andreev were striking the ball quite well and Andreev served well also. With this win, Davydenko/Andreev have proven themselves to be a decent pair on this surface at least.

Stepanek/Vizner were nothing more than average and were probably too predictable in their play and didn't do enough to keep the Russians off-balance, not sure if this is a result of the pair having not played enough together.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
I earnd 40 points for PAW!

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Kolya rocks :worship:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Tell me - who told Jaro to make such a doubles team?

Looks like it's true what GWH said - there's a thin line between genius and a freak

·
Tênis Mambembe
36,773 Posts
Tell me - who told Jaro to make such a doubles team?

Looks like it's true what GWH said - there's a thin line between genius and a freak
Rado is a good doubles player, won easily yesterday, but Dlouhy-Vizner are more used to play together (Vizner is Lukas' coach) and maybe was a better option. Or even Damm-Vizner if possible, but I think Martin is not the 5th player.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Davydenko's volleys owned the Czechs.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Doesn't Czech team have another double players?

Russia will win anyway. :sad:

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Congrats to Russia, now Davydenko should win against Berdych tomorrow. Strange choice for Navratil unless Dlouhy had an injury or something. Why not go with Dlouhy/Vizner?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well done, Davydenko and Igor. Now one more win tomorrow is enough :yeah:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts