Mens Tennis Forums banner
1601 - 1620 of 1625 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
FAA's form is totally unknown at this point, he hasn't played in a match in a long time, and as i recall he wasn't so great at the end of the season.
Vasek is playing the best tennis of his life, makes total sense to go with Posp, a no-brainer IMO.
It would be different if Felix had been playing recently, not injured, and they knew where he was at in hiis game.

I think what's happened with frank and Vasek is incredible. That vasek is finding his game under frank--who never really found his own (but played some very amazing DC ties) is quite the story.
Yes , it is 1000% does. That’s why I am saying, I don’t believe they will make up an excuse . It is not like the tie is in Montreal or something

Good start of the doubles match for Canada

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Shapovalov stepped up in that 3rd set in crunch time. They both did really. What an accomplishment for these two.

Into the final against Spain or GB. It's obvious who we'd prefer out of those two, but I don't think Spain is insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
As expected, Spain it is (thanks entirely to Nadal).

Tomorrow will be tough in what will be a hostile road environment for the first time this week. Shapovalov is not in without a shot against Nadal given their history and his firepower off the ground, but that's a lot to ask in that situation. We're likely going to need Vasek to come up big against PCB/RBA/Lopez and then somehow pull out the doubles.

·
Registered
789 Posts
It looks like Canada is going with Felix instead of Vasek in singles. I guess they figured Pospisil was tired. Auger-Aliassime plays Bautista Agut and Shapovalov plays Nadal.

In other news, the draw has been made for the March qualifying draw, but Canada is exempted because they made the semifinals.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It looks like Canada is going with Felix instead of Vasek in singles. I guess they figured Pospisil was tired. Auger-Aliassime plays Bautista Agut and Shapovalov plays Nadal.

In other news, the draw has been made for the March qualifying draw, but Canada is exempted because they made the semifinals.
It did not work out and the tie is pretty much over :(

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Great run for Canada overall, but four sets to none in the final is not cool.
Can't complain about Denis' performance, he played a great match against a legend of the game and came up a little short. FAA obviously less so.

I wish Vasek would have had the opportunity to play today because while I'm sure Canada will be back in the same or similar spot, he'll likely never be playing singles again for this team in this environment.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
When asked about his decision to replace Pospisil with Auger-Aliassime in the match-up of the respective teams’ No. 2 players, captain Frank Dancevic simply replied, “it was my decision, obviously to make the substitution. I’d rather not go into details with it. It was my call in the end to do the substitution today and I’ll leave it at that.”
As for Pospisil, he said, “I found out late last (Saturday) night. Of course it’s tough – everyone wants to play. It was double tough that we lost it today. At the end of the day we have a full team capable of playing high-level tennis. It’s a team effort, it’s a team decision so to speak, and you just have to be ready to do your part.”
http://www.tenniscanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/DS-running-right.jpeg

1601 - 1620 of 1625 Posts