1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
23,958 Posts
Death is preferable to this. This is like someone being shot in the head yet still surviving with minimal brain function and the family refusing to pull the plug

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
One of the most iconic tournaments in history, I still have the countless Davis Cup video games in my possession! Some of the best and most emotional matches in tennis history have been played at Davis Cup. Abu Dhabi is a stunning city, it will be a great combo. And they have plenty of clay there which is the best surface by far. This is just too exciting for the future of our sport! (y)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Davis cup died years ago

Reactions: Triggervic

·
Golddigger
17,273 Posts
Lol who cares. Davis Cup has been irrelevant for years now.

These days it's all about ATP Cup. All the hype is there.
I care.
Anything with nations is awesome

Reactions: latz66 and Saraya!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Horrible news. It was bad enough when they moved it to Madrid. Luckily, I am now living in Spain and since it is easy for travellers within Europe and also having lots of South American people in Spain, there were great crowds and people could support their team.

Not sure who is going to pay $2000 in flights and take a 20-hour journey to watch their team play maybe 3 days of tennis now.

Embarassing as always from the organizers looking to get $$$ rather than preserving an iconic tournament.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Well, this fits with the current version of DC. All about the money!

As others already said, DC has become irrelevant.

·
Registered
62,863 Posts
Absolutely shameless, very sad that this soulless money grab no one wanted is dragging the name of the once-great Davis Cup through the mud in its death throes.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I like the new Davis Cup and ATP Cup formats.

Ain't nobody got time to follow the Davis Cup in the old format the entire year while nobodies were playing and the top guys were skipping it. Now with the new format, we can watch the big names playing and be done with the event in a matter of few days. The old Davis Cup was on life support and died eventually; sorry guys.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts