Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Japan to beat Canada @4.00 on bet365 just because of the value. Nishikori is definetly capable of winning both of his rubbers and I doubt Soeda/Ito will have anything to hurt Raonic with but maybe he'll be capable to beat Vasek or, why not, win the doubles rubber. Nishikori/Uchiyama is not such a bad doubles team. In fact, they managed to beat Dancevic/Nestor in a tie against Canada a year ago and maybe they'll have another look at that team as Martin Laurendeau might choose not to put Pospisil play in all three days

It will be tough but just for the value it's worth a shot

Kazakhstan to beat Italy @4.00 on bet365 another bet which is worth a shot strictly for the value. It always seems to me that Golubev is extra motivated when it comes to the Davis Cup especially when it's played on home soil. Of course this bet would've been a lot better if Kukushkin would've been fully fit as he would have the ability to beat any member of the Italian team on indoor hardcourt but I doubt he's at his 100%. Maybe that's why the odds are so high.
Also their doubles is underrated, of course the italians have the upper hand here but remember when Golubev/Nedovyesov managed to do the unexpected and beat Wawrinka/Federer last year?

I could see this tie being disputed until a 5th rubber

USA to beat Great Britain @1.90 bet365 the main question here would be: Can James Ward be trusted as a reliable 2nd man in the team? My answer would be no. On paper it should be simple here, Murray will probably win both of his matches while Ward will probably lose his both with the Bryan Bros bringing home the deciding point. These two have met last year too, on clay, in the US and the brits managed to win it but that was because of Querrey's pathetic performance in the 2nd rubber against Ward. I doubt Isner or Young will repeat Querrey's performance in their ties. Isner is out of form but he's still a class above Ward who will rely only on crowd support to get something out of his matches
Also Young is having a very good year, runner up in Delray Beach, he's playing with confidence and that should be helpful for the type of player he is. He needs confidence in his game a lot. I don't want to underestimate Ward but that's how I see it, he's not THAT good of a player especially under such pressure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts