• Russia

Votes: 66 42.9%
  • Argentina

Votes: 88 57.1%
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Russia won't be able to win in Argentina - much as I would like them too :sad: I think Argetina will win that tie, but when it comes to Spain in a final, then that's a different matter I think.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Too early, don't even know what lineups they are going to have.

·
Your visions will happen
50,881 Posts
If a Spain-Argentina final, the surface will be key.

Do the Argies lay down a fast court to take away Nadal's 2 points? If they do, Ferrer is the ace in the hole, as he is fantastic on a fast court.

Or do they stick with clay and hope for the best?

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If a Spain-Argentina final, the surface will be key.

Do the Argies lay down a fast court to take away Nadal's 2 points? If they do, Ferrer is the ace in the hole, as he is fantastic on a fast court.

Or do they stick with clay and hope for the best?
Ferrer isn't having a good season. Anyway, the final is light years away.
A medium-paced carpet would be best for Argentina me thinks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Argentina should play against Rusia in Grass... Davydenko, Safin, andrev, youznhy, all the russian players, play horrible in grass, and nalbandian and canas are great players in this surface

·
Registered
890 Posts
Did I miss something :drink: Isn't this thread about Argentina & Russia semifinal or unlikely Spain and Argentina final? ;)

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Argentina should play against Rusia in Grass... Davydenko, Safin, andrev, youznhy, all the russian players, play horrible in grass, and nalbandian and canas are great players in this surface
Grass is what you're smoking mate. Besides Nalbi and Willy (and Willy is not that good on grass), all the other argies are utter mugs on grass. If Nalbi and/or Willy get injured Argentina has to kiss goodbye to the DC. Clay it is.

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts
Argentina. Better players.

Siberia will lose.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Argentina will win 3-1.

The final vs Spain is 50/50

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I don't see how we will win against Russia, except with Nalbandian being the DC Monster he always is and take the 3 points. Willy has NO CHANCE against Kolya.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Russia won't be able to win in Argentina - much as I would like them too :sad: I think Argetina will win that tie, but when it comes to Spain in a final, then that's a different matter I think.
Argies will play SF and Final(if they get there) at home with choice of ground. And I think they will stick to clay. Unfortunately both Russians and Spaniards have a great clacourters.
I think the burden laying on DC hero Dave is getting heavier and heavier with every year. He is been caring the team with great results for too long without any significant help. Canas and Caleri are getting too old, Chucho is not reliable, Del Pony also, only Monaco might step in.It will help if they could find a replacement for him at least for doubles though.

Anyway grass might be best ground against Russian and indoor carpet for Spaniards but they won't risk it cause it is only Dave who can play great on those surfaces and they will stick to clay in both occasions. Anyway it will depends on Nalby one way or another so maybe they should risk with a choice of ground.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
They are not playing on grass against the Russians. Monaco matches up quite well against Davydenko.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts