Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Re: Davis Cup SF: Del Potro def Novak Djokovic 7-6(5) 3-0 ret.

Nole is the new Nadal, wins a lot(like Nadal used to) but gets injured a lot.

Next year Nole hits 25 which is oldish for defensive/physical specimens like him.

I would be very surprised if Nole wins a slam after 2013. He will be 27 in 2014, senile for grinders like him.

Which is why predicting he will hit double digits at the slams is ludicrous.

He wasted 2008, 2009 and 2010. He should have won several slams in those years. Then he would have probably finished with slams in the double digits...

Instead, Nole will most likely end with around 8 slams or so.

·
Registered
44,896 Posts

Del Potro was fucking amazing! fuck the retirement! He was simply awesome! :worship:

·
Registered
13,077 Posts

This is interesting, maybe Djokovic couldnt beat Del Potro and then faked an injury.

Smart move as everyone will think he is still " the best " .

Reactions: Nev

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Del Potro was average at best ...Djokovic coulnt move,return or hit ......I like the guy best of luck against Spain but to all of you haters 3 GS 5 Masters titles 10 titles the greatest season in tennis history

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Fake retirement.

3 defeats this year and counting...

Reactions: Lucilla

·
Registered
44,896 Posts

This is interesting, maybe Djokovic couldnt beat Del Potro and then faked an injury.

Remember him faking an injury last year against Berdych in the exact same round down a set? :shrug:

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
Congratulations, Argentina! Deserved win altogether.
Del Potro was really solid today, moved well and served fantastically. Finally a win against Djokovic.
Djokovic is an idiot.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
64-3

that 81-4 of Fed in 2005 looking far away :awww:

·
Banned
8,385 Posts
Del Potro was average at best ...Djokovic coulnt move,return or hit ......I like the guy best of luck against Spain but to all of you haters 3 GS 5 Masters titles 10 titles the greatest season in tennis history
Youre talking more sh't than i am at times to livescoring thread, keep yourself together man, embarassing stuff :lol:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
That BHDTL winner from Delpo at 2*-3 is a BEAST

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think he faked too if he plays the next tournaments.

He has retired two times this year when his opponnent was way too strong for him.

Del Potro is not afraid of Djokovic.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
din't djokovic opt out of this tie? why did he play again?

·
Registered
9,322 Posts

Seriously, the only posters worse than those excusing an injured Djokovic are those accusing him of faking.
He lost, fair and square. If you are not fit, do not play. Del Potro gets a win without an asterisk, end of story.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Screw best season of all time. This could be a career ending injury.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts

Yeah, that's definitely worth denying your country another chance in a Davis final :lol:

That was stupid from Djokovic I guess, but he probably couldn't really know how his body would hold up until he played, and Troicki was a sure loss anyway. Serbia pays for relying to much on just one player.

1 - 20 of 528 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.