Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win : USA or France ?

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry if there's already a specific thread about this tie)
The teams have been announced :

France:

Gasquet
Tsonga
Mathieu
Llodra

USA(shocker) :

Roddick
Blake
Bryan bros

The tie's taking place in Winston-Salem again, so it's a relatively fast indoor hard court and should particularly suit Tsonga's and Roddick's games. The USA are the favourites, of course, especially given Tsonga and Gasquet's recent form but I don't expect it to be a walk in the park.
Unfortunetly I expect a 3-2 win for the Americans.

EDIT : :lol: Just found this vid of the 1991 final in Lyon

I don't know what's best Noah or the "Silence Daniel" from the commentator :lol:

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
against all odds: France. ;)

·
Banned
42 Posts
Interesting tie, based upon the potential matchups. I would consider Gasquet and Tsonga a huge threat against Roddick, and also against Blake. Whether or not Gasquet will show up, and perform as he can is another question. I could see this going 3-2 other way, and I'm going to stick my neck out and go for France :yeah:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hopefully France.

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
I guess we will see on Thursday whether Mathieu gets replaced or not? I would find it more interesting with Mathieu being in the team. He could replace Tsonga on Sunday, if Tsonga plays Fri&Sat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The most intresting series in this round. I would like to say France, but i have to say USA.
Any way, i expected great matches here.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
USA.

Roddick wins both of his matches.
Blake wins one of his.
Bryans win.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I think the USA will win. James and Andy are bound to win at least one tie each, and the Bryan Brothers are bound to win one tie, giving them 3-0 already. USA for this tie all the way.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
USA(shocker) :
Roddick
Blake
Bryan bros
This is the 10th consecutive time that PMac has gone with the same group. For Davis Cup, and for USA, this is impressive to have such a solid team of top ten players show up for every tie. :cool:

Mardy Fish will be the practice partner for the U.S. in Winston-Salem.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
U.S. is the favourite but France has chances, interesting to see that Forget opted for flexibility by having both Gasquet and PHM in the team rather than having a stronger doubles team by having Clement.

Perhaps it is the Tarpischev sydrom for Forget.

·
Banned
42 Posts
U.S. is the favourite but France has chances, interesting to see that Forget opted for flexibility by having both Gasquet and PHM in the team rather than having a stronger doubles team by having Clement.

I'm curious to know the reason behind this, I would pick Tsonga and Gasquet as the two singles players and just exclude PHM. I don't understand the thinking by putting in PHM. Or does he have good records against Blake and Roddick?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts

Clement has been the weak link in the doubles lately. Tsonga and Gasquet are better double player than him imo anyway.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts