Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kazakhstan is unbeatable.

Nedovyesov´s game is always solid and very nice to watch, when I watch him, what the hell is he doing, that he struggles on challengers?:confused: The only thing I noticed on him is that he has a habit to go completely off after few worse games.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
It's amazing how the Kazakh players always become beasts when representing their country. There's absolutely no way these results would happen in regular tour matches.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
It's hilarious that Australia chose the surface and both their singles players were woefully outmatched on it. You'd think Nedovyesov would have needed to play incredibly well to beat Kygrios in Australia on grass but he didn't really. It was almost obscene how routine his service games were - served within himself and continually knocked off Kyrgios pedestrian returns at the net.

Body language was atrocious from Kyrgios for a DC tie which I suppose isn't that surprising given the circumstances.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I didn't watch the match but this is bizarre. Kyrgios has no business losing to Nedovyesov. Where is his commitment?

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
:haha:

Kyrgios was what, like $1.05 to win this. Losing at home on his best surface to Nedovyesov. :spit: I'm Australian but I don't really care too much about DC, enjoying the drama and upsets so far. Would like to see Hewitt/Groth win though, but otherwise good luck to Kazakhstan. Always nice to see smaller countries doing well. Their players sure have more guts and national pride than our "young guns".

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
:superlol: Goatzakhstan gonna goat. Nick doesn't even care now, Tennis Australia is such a mess now, such a shame. Big task for the new captain.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
:eek: Why does the Kazakhstan team always does well (really well) on DC but not so much in the tour where they earn money? :confused:
Pretty sure they earn quite a bit more on Davis Cup rather than on tour. Kazakh gov. sponsors even an orchestra to get to Darwin to offset local fans, for whom I imagine Darwin is a bit far. Imagine how much Kazakh they pay the players. They are even acquiring players from abroad, both women and men. None of the three main players they have are natural Kazakhstani citizens, all are naturalised and non Kazakhstan born.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
It's hilarious that Australia chose the surface and both their singles players were woefully outmatched on it...
And really they should have known, because Kyrgios struggled on this old-fashioned kind of grass in the DC tie against Uzbekistan on grass last year - got the win that time, but it wasn't nearly the easy match it should have been on paper. Chosen for Hewitt....

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
And really they should have known, because Kyrgios struggled on this old-fashioned kind of grass in the DC tie against Uzbekistan on grass last year - got the win that time, but it wasn't nearly the easy match it should have been on paper. Chosen for Hewitt....
Clearly Groth should have played - his serve and volleying would have been ridiculous on this court.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
seriously :tape:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Kyrgios sabotaging the Australian's??

What a sorry bunch and an abysmal few weeks for Aussie tennis

Kyrgios and Tomic doing the flag proud no? But at least they are happy, all this notoriety will get them into more nightclubs and poon - the things that really count for Kyrgios and Tomic.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts