Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Spain

Votes: 57 81.4%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think it's gonna be an interesting tie even though the nominated players on the german side look pretty weak these days.

the squads:

germany: kohlschreiber, kiefer, berrer, petzschner
spain: nadal, ferrer, verdasco, lopez

the surface is said to be fast, but nonetheless i'm afraid spain will take this one 3-2 or something like that, mainly due to the lack of form of kiefer and kohlschreiber. i kept the poll options plain and simple because most ties don't get to a deciding 5th rubber anyways.

what say you? :wavey:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think, spain will win it relativly easy. It will be a 4:1 or 5:0 in the end. But I hope, the germans can keep it a little bit closer. Hopefully the deciding match is on sunday because I will go to Bremen on Friday and Sunday. It would not be so funny going there when its 3:0 for spain already.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I think Spain will win this. It's going to be interesting but think that they will win 4-1.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I do not understand why Spain is supposed to be a huge favourite. Sure, Germany is weakened by not having Haas and Kohlschreiber is not at his best form but neither is Ferrer and most probably Nadal will only play on Sunday. Pretty close tie imo.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
When are the Spaniards and Nadal supposed to arrive in Bremen? And since when is the court ready to to play/practice on anyways? Wasn't the AWD Dome in use last weekend? We got pictures of the russians practicing, but nothing yet from Bremen.

·
Registered
26,125 Posts
I do not understand why Spain is supposed to be a huge favourite. Sure, Germany is weakened by not having Haas and Kohlschreiber is not at his best form but neither is Ferrer and most probably Nadal will only play on Sunday. Pretty close tie imo.
I can't imagine that Nadal only plays on Sunday. Imo he will get two easy points, but still Germany should have a chance to be 2-1 up on Saturday.

·
Registered
770 Posts
When are the Spaniards and Nadal supposed to arrive in Bremen? And since when is the court ready to to play/practice on anyways? Wasn't the AWD Dome in use last weekend? We got pictures of the russians practicing, but nothing yet from Bremen.
From what I have heard, they arrived on Sunday. Minus Nadal, of course, who will be there no later than Tuesday.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
I can't imagine that Nadal only plays on Sunday. Imo he will get two easy points, but still Germany should have a chance to be 2-1 up on Saturday.
Technically he can play, but the transition time is too short considering he will get at most two practice sessions, and playing on Friday might very well affect his performance for Sunday. I expect the same with Davydenko.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
4-1 Spain, if Germany wins one of the dead rubbers after their swept 3-0.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I mean seriously with Tommy Haas it's one thing, but come on Kohlschreiber and Kiefer are going to beat Nadal and Ferrer? I like to root for the underdog too but thats just ridiculous.

If the Spanish team was only Verdasco and Lopez they'd still sweep this 3-0.

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
The spanish team, except Nadal, arrived late last night in Bremen and they already had their first big practice session today.
In an interview in "Marca" Emilio Sanchez says he is quite happy with the court, because it is almost the same like they play on in most of the indoor tournaments!

From what was written in the same article, Nadal should arrive in Bremen this night.

I think, and hope, that Spain will win easily :worship:

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
no worries my german friends

i just contacted my grandmother. she said she's ready to play for Germany. she's a bit rusty these days but will be ready to battle nadal and ferrer.

as she has made a breast enlargement last week you can expect her to return serve as good as never before.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts