Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22,249 Posts
Troicki losing back to back five set matches from 2-0 up, what a legend.

·
Registered
813 Posts
France/Great Britain vs Kazakhstan
Argentina vs Belgium

This competition is dead and it's only going to get worse next year.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
This is starting to become a habit for Troicki. Terrible result after coasting through the first two sets. :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
If we didn´t win the davis cup with players like Coria, Nalbandian, Gaudio, Del Potro, Vilas, Clerc, Cañas, etc.. I don´t think we will be able to win this with Mayer and Del bonis :(
But being in semifinals with this team is a great result and a great experience for the argentinian boys

·
23,941 Posts
Have to say Delbonis seem to be more clutch than usual this year...noticed it since Rio where he saved so many MP's I think against Fognini in the TB and some come from behind wins. He really hasn't go away in some matches where he could've. Winning from 2 Sets behind seems to take thee cake. Delbonis now has helped Argentina this year big time and let's see if he could still give a good form at the Semis if they get there.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I really don't buy this tennis player want Olympic gold for their country and sh*t. They(all of the top players) obviously don't care about Davis Cup. Olympic Gold is just another trophy in the trophy case.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
This is a sad day for tennis and humanity.

·
23,941 Posts
I really don't buy this tennis player want Olympic gold for their country and sh*t. They(all of the top players) obviously don't care about Davis Cup. Olympic Gold is just another trophy in the trophy case.
There's the novelty that it comes every 4 years and it is supposed to be the biggest celebration of sport in general, particularly those who don't exactly are sports enthusiasts are watching them and may actually be interested in them -- the Olympics are my first real exposure to the tennis experience, and for players surely in a practical view there it's good exposure for them and of course if they represent their country and do well there sponsors would surely want an Olympic medalist to back if they are not exactly a tennis-focused country. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Revista GRIP ‏@RevistaGRIP
#Troicki: "El público argentino alienta, grita, pero muchas veces se pasaron de la linea. Hasta llegaron a insultarme. No fue justo".

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
good result for tennis

1 - 20 of 48 Posts