Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That was a big responsibility on Janowicz today and he delivered with quite convincing performance. That was a good sight today, completely changed body language, focused on his job, that's what I want to see from Janowicz. :) :)

Return was a crucial today. And in first set it worked perfectly. Stakho couldn't play his game at all, while Janowicz had full comfort and was putting himself in charge every single time.

Little hiccup in second set with some questionable decisions to give a break for Stakho. Until that game Janowicz was cruising on his serve, while Stakho was looking for improvement in his game. Janowicz has broken back to love and won tie break to take a two sets lead.

More activity at the net from Stakhovsky disrupted Janowicz's game, he also earned more cheap points on his serve and he confirmed his good play with break advantage.

Big hold in 4th set by Janowicz, when he saved 7 BPs with clutch stuff was crucial for final outcome. Well played under pressure, Jurek didn't give any chance to convert one of those break points. On the contrary, when he had chance to break, he took it at first opportunity. 1/1 looks much better :cool: :cool: than that 0/17 from Friday. :hysteric: :hysteric:

Still, Przysiężny MVP of tie for me. :yeah: :yeah: Good win for Poland, nicely done.

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
How Stakh lost the point at 1-6 *6-5 0-30 was quite beautiful, would be nice to see a video of that.

·
Bring it Home
21,141 Posts
Good one by Jerzy, but actually the MVP of this tie was Michał Przysiężny, big win on Friday. :yeah:

·
Registered
11,293 Posts

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
But Janoprick behaved or not? Stakh shouting after every shit point he won was annoying though.

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
Stakhovsky refused to answer the questions from polish journos (he did answer Ukrainian questions). Instead he made an announcement. "One of the reasons I do not want my daughter to play tennis is people like Jerzy". He also said he regrets not shaking Janowicz's hand. "I shouldn't have sunk to his level but I did.

:devil:

http://eurosport.onet.pl/tenis/serh...izyc-sie-do-poziomu-janowicza/nwyndb#pl-fb-po
I thought he didn't want his daughter to play tennis because of all the lesbians in the WTA. Is he implying Janowicz is a lesbian? :confused:

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
I thought he didn't want his daughter to play tennis because of all the lesbians in the WTA. Is he implying Janowicz is a lesbian? :confused:
:superlol:

Perhaps he is making a dig at those who rightly criticised him for his earlier comments, we could be hearing this comment about everyone Twatkhovsky loses to.

From what I read Jerzy was rather subdued during the match and was quite quiet compared to in the past matches. There is mention of one incident where Janowicz accidentally runs into Stakhovsky at the net (based on google translate) but the comments suggest it wasn't a bad moment from Janowicz's end. So probably it's just Sergiy being himself and making a big deal out of nothing.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
bye homophoic team :drool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts