Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painful comeback to the Davis Cup team for Thiem...

De Bakker when he is not pissing his career away in Challengers, though :lol:. Was on the verge of pulling an enormous choke in the final game, but pulled through eventually.

And the Kitzbühel GOAT hasn't even played yet :worship:

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Davis Cup Group I R2: De Bakker def. Thiem 6-3 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 6-4 (AUT - NED 0-1)

Didn't watch too much but from what I saw, Thiem was pathetic to say the least especially on the return

5/31 break points won

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Re: Davis Cup Group I R2: De Bakker def. Thiem 6-3 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 6-4 (AUT - NED 0-1)

Great win for De Bakker. He was really nervous serving it out, got like 3 of 12 first serves in, but Thiem made a few errors to help him out.

De Bakker is really talented he just fails in the mental department re mental toughness and strategy most of the time. This win should boost his confidence.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Re: Davis Cup Group I R2: De Bakker def. Thiem 6-3 4-6 6-7(5) 6-3 6-4 (AUT - NED 0-1)

Austrians and Davis Cup - they are all mental midgets when playing for their country :help:

Thiem was horrible today because he lost to someone like De Bakker. He won 4 of 31 break points only :help: Domi hit 16 or 17 more winners than De Bakker and only 4 or 5 UEs more and still lost. Disgusting!

·
Registered
493 Posts

More talented player won. Thiemo completely outclassed Thiem in the last 2 sets. Almost choked it away though.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

More talented player won. Thiemo completely outclassed Thiem in the last 2 sets. Almost choked it away though.
:spit:

Thiem played horrible today, yes. But De Bakker didn't play good either. He had 17 winners less and only 4 or 5 UEs less then Thiem.

Outclassed :rolls:
Thiem was just a mental midget who was too dumb to outclass De Bakker like every Top 100-player should. He was too dumb today, as easy as that :(

·
Registered
4,670 Posts

Didn't watch too much but from what I saw, Thiem was pathetic to say the least especially on the return

5/31 break points won
He's always poor on break points.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yeah great result for the Dutchies! The match took 4 hours by the way!

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
dominic is going to be 0-4 in davis cup play after this week:eek:

so much for always doing well at home

honestly maybe its better he only plays when he has to. he'll just keep wracking up terrible losses

·
Registered
10,211 Posts
Losing in 5 to De Bakker of all people :tape:

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
thiem :spit: no words

1 - 15 of 15 Posts