Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,200 Posts
Yeh, Tsonga hinted at that some days ago.

Great decision. Theoretically France leads this tie by 2-1. Berdych - Tsonga and the doubles will be the decisive rubbers.

EDIT:
Avez-vous choisi la surface sur laquelle vous allez accueillir la République Tchèque en demi-finale de la coupe Davis en septembre ?
On y réfléchit. On n’a pas eu beaucoup de temps pour s’asseoir et en reparler tous ensemble. Il ne faut pas aller trop vite. Mika a dit qu’il y avait de bonnes chances que ce soit à Roland-Garros ? Il a décidé tout seul ! Le capitaine donnera son choix bientôt.
Apparently it was Llodra's decision.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Didn't Berdych say he was only going to play home rounds? did he change his mind?

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
^ That came before the team went to Japan though. I'd understand wanting to skip early rounds away or any rounds on other continents, but I'd think getting to a DC SF in Paris shouldn't be too much of an ask for someone coming from Monte Carlo/Czech Republic.

·
Your visions will happen
47,141 Posts
I think Tomas only said this in regards to the tie in Japan right after Miami.

Surely for a SF he will be there unless he wins a 5 hour USO final or something.

Prague to Paris is hardly a long flight.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
^ That came before the team went to Japan though. I'd understand wanting to skip early rounds away or any rounds on other continents, but I'd think getting to a DC SF in Paris shouldn't be too much of an ask for someone coming from Monte Carlo/Czech Republic.
Yea in this case I can see him changing his mind, I was hoping for it at least.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts