Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what? Tennis is still a little sexist. I mean, both Williams' sisters could totally kick most of the ATP's spinters; Jennifer, Monica, Steffi, Martina (both of them), and Tracy have all these tennis records; and women's tennis is SO stable at the moment and great - but do we see equal opportunity for everyone in tennis? Do we have a Davis Cup for women? Not that I see!!!
It just bugs me... I'm a little feminist and as much as I love watching the ATP (cos guys ROCK), I think women would make Davis Cup so much fun. It just bugs me- what do y'all think?
~Mindy

·
Registered
393 Posts
oh my :eek:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
And also, last time that Venus and Serena played a male pro, it was nicotine fiend Karsten Braasch, ranked in the 200's, and he beat one sister 6-1 and followed it up by beating the other sister (rested) 6-2.

They may be much better these days but so are the men...the result would be about the same if not worse for V & S.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Relax dudes, the girl made an honest mistake.
you know what would be cool? if they put the two events together! they could have 2 men's singles matches, 2 women's singles matches, one women's doubles, one men double's and a mixed doubles match! that would be amazing!

·
Registered
107 Posts
nah, hopman cup is lame! only 2 people, and it's not an official tour event. I'm taling about a team of, say, six people, the best players every country can offer! think big! think Lindsay, Monica Serena, pete, James & Andi vs. Amelie, Dechy, Arnaud, sebastian etc. oooh, I'm getting myself excited now:D .

·
Registered
107 Posts
pfff, watch your mouth, Junior. I know your parents raised you better than talking like that to your ELDERS.

·
Registered
569 Posts
lol @ the thread

·
Registered
107 Posts
what, you don't find my joined cup idea genius? some people have no vision:rolleyes: . :D

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
The Hopman Cup has been an Official ITF event since 1997
they don't have the time to expand that
and there is no way the Davis Cup will change to incorporate the women.

A new event is also very doubtful as there isn't room on the calendar and players are already playing too much

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes, it's unlikely, hence the need for VISION.
no sense of humor. do you happen to be a williams fan;) ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
ahhaa! humorless russian log. yes, I was kidding, I know you're not a Williams fan. I was trying to make fun of you and of Williams fans at the same time:D .
you are a lost cause TBE:( ! well, at least you're smart ,though politically misguided.
are you mad enough at me already:) ?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts