Pool F, I think USA and Canada advance to knockout stage

USA
Italy
Canada

Surface is indoor hard

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can somebody please explain how they play the qf throuh the finals, I know they play it from friday yo sunday.

But is it just one match, so if Nole plays would that mean that he plays the qf and the serbia number 2 plays the sf on saturday and then nole plays the final on sunday if serbia wins it's matches to the final in this example.

·
Registered
756 Posts
But is it just one match, so if Nole plays would that mean that he plays the qf and the serbia number 2 plays the sf on saturday and then nole plays the final on sunday if serbia wins it's matches to the final in this example.
Every tie comprises two singles and a doubles match, that is, three matches for all QF, SF and F stages. Captains will have to be very careful when to select a player to play both a singles and the doubles match in order to not wear them for an eventual final.

I don't like the format at all. Just 7 days for these many matches doesn't make any sense. Six groups sounds like too many. And I do agree the two second-best teams advancing to QF is ridiculous.
This could've been done way better.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Spain misses out even if Rafa does play. It's indoor after all. Crazy set up and it will be the death of Davis Cup...:crying:

·
Registered
878 Posts
There is Spain, Croatia and Russia whom all deserve to go through over Murray-less Britain while Netherlands shouldn't be in and Kazakhstan only has a player that plays wellish for davis cup.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Sorry but I hate this format. Who the hell came up with this sh!t?
I have the feeling that this new format will be a big letdown, most top players won't show up (Alexander Zverev already said he won't). Davis Cup in its original form may be back sooner than we think.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Such a horrible format.

If they were gonna do it this way, what they should have done instead is only have 16 teams in the finals, with 4 groups and 4 teams per group. You have those 4 teams play against each other (so 3 singles matches guaranteed for all singles players), and at the end 1 team from each group with the most wins/games/points moves on to the SFs where they face off against each other for a spot in the finals.

The way it is right now is just weird & plain dumb. But anyway, we'll see how it goes. Really wonder how many top 10 players end up showing up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts