12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ajmo decki! :bounce:

Dec. 2-4th in Bratislava

·
Registered
55 Posts
keqtqiadv said:
Any prediction of surface? Superfast, only fast or clay??
As mentioned here in media the surface should be the same as against Holland - Premier Court, so only fast, the finals should take place in Sibamac Arena in NTC in Bratislava 2-4th December.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MonikaVa said:
As mentioned here in media the surface should be the same as against Holland - Premier Court, so only fast, the finals should take place in Sibamac Arena in NTC in Bratislava 2-4th December.
i heard that the arena is too small. the reserve is the hockey arena which seats 8,000. i don't understand why they would want a small arena, this is the finals we're talking about

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Ajmo Ivan and Hrvatska! :rocker2::boxing::bigclap:

·
Registered
55 Posts
croat123 said:
i heard that the arena is too small. the reserve is the hockey arena which seats 8,000. i don't understand why they would want a small arena, this is the finals we're talking about
Yes, the sibamac Arena takes max. 4,500 and there was some talk here about moving the finals to the ice hockey arena (which is almost next to NTC). But the players want to stay in NTC Sibamac Arena because of their winning streak there this year (quite understandable), being nearer to the crowds (immposible in the ice hockey arena, know this for sure, go there for ice-hockey matches), no infrastructure for tennis available (ice-hockey stadium is quite old). I think it has a lot to do with their feeling at home in NTC since training there all the time, when home. Therefore i think the decision was made to stay in NTC in order to win (the fans will watch rather the TV then break their confidence by forcing to move the venue).

·
Banned
986 Posts
MonikaVa said:
Yes, the sibamac Arena takes max. 4,500 and there was some talk here about moving the finals to the ice hockey arena (which is almost next to NTC). But the players want to stay in NTC Sibamac Arena because of their winning streak there this year (quite understandable), being nearer to the crowds (immposible in the ice hockey arena, know this for sure, go there for ice-hockey matches), no infrastructure for tennis available (ice-hockey stadium is quite old). I think it has a lot to do with their feeling at home in NTC since training there all the time, when home. Therefore i think the decision was made to stay in NTC in order to win (the fans will watch rather the TV then break their confidence by forcing to move the venue).
you cannot organize the DC final, if you don't have suitable stadium!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mane said:
you cannot organize the DC final, if you don't have suitable stadium!
well sorry to destroy your dreams, but we definetely have suitable stadium, since Sibamac Arena fulfill the Davis Cup regulations that requires 4.000 seats and there is 4.500. There were just talks about this in order to give acess to more slovak fans being it the first time round we got to DC Finals. The slovak tennnis federation sent the application for Sibamac Arena following the wishes of the players.

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
GO SLOVAKIA! The Croatians have eliminated my top favourites ( Russia, Romania & the USA) while Slovakia only eliminated the Argentinians...so...Go SLOVAKIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :bigclap:

·
Banned
986 Posts
MonikaVa said:
well sorry to destroy your dreams, but we definetely have suitable stadium, since Sibamac Arena fulfill the Davis Cup regulations that requires 4.000 seats and there is 4.500. There were just talks about this in order to give acess to more slovak fans being it the first time round we got to DC Finals. The slovak tennnis federation sent the application for Sibamac Arena following the wishes of the players.
minimum capacity is a 7,000 seats for the Davis Cup final!

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mane said:
minimum capacity is a 7,000 seats for the Davis Cup final!
yup. 4,000 was the minimum for the semis

·
Registered
55 Posts
croat123 said:
yup. 4,000 was the minimum for the semis
something else was written and said here in media. Still the question is not whether the finals will be played in Slovakia or not, that it surely will, we have other venues that have enough capacity, the problem was the players wanting to stay in NTC. The reasoning of the slovak tennis federation was we are a small country, therefore a small venue is ok.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Anywayz, just go the Slovaks!!!! You guys can do it!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts