Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I think we all know tennis commentators usually suck big time, but this is just incredible. I only started watching when the Blake-Youzhny match began and already, I feel the urge to turn the sound off. Youzhny a counter-puncher? Blake versatile on the forehand side? BLAKE??? VERSATILE??? What the fuck have these guys been smoking?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rage? What the fuck are you taling about? I'm not the least bit mad. The commentators suck the big one and that's all I'm talking about. Blake is currently playing great - where did I imply something else?

I think this is how this went in the retarded head of yours:
1. Sees Russian flag
2. Automatically assumes that I'm trying to downplay Blake's game because of 1
3. Goes into patriotic fit and starts spewing bullshit like the above

Well, my only reply to that is :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard: :retard:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a retard who has never gotten laid. :sad: :sad:
God, this is so mature and intelligent! Just what part of my post do you diagree with? You think Blake really is versatile? Or do you think Youzhny beat Nadal on fast hardcourt by counterpunching?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
God, this is so mature and intelligent! Just what part of my post do you diagree with? You think Blake really is versatile? Or do you think Youzhny beat Nadal on fast hardcourt by counterpunching?
I don't disagree with your post at all, I just think the fact that you made it reflects upon your character.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't disagree with your post at all, I just think the fact that you made it reflects upon your character.
Yeah, complaining about commentators on MTF is so unique and is very much related to my childhood! :retard:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chill out! If you hate the announcers so much and think you are so much more knowledgeable don^t listen.
I can't turn off the commnting and still keep the other sound, now can I? Hence, I wish that the commentators weren't talking out of their asses as much. Now why is that such a bad thing?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yeah, complaining about commentators on MTF is so unique and is very much related to my childhood! :retard:
You missed the point completely. I believe this may be an apt place for that smilie you love to use oh so much.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You missed the point completely. I believe this may be an apt place for that smilie you love to use oh so much.
What other point could I infer from you writing:

Originally Posted by KaxMisha
My mommy didn't hug me

Maybe you should express your thoughts more clearly if you don't want to be misunderstood.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What other point could I infer from you writing:

Originally Posted by KaxMisha
My mommy didn't hug me

Maybe you should express your thoughts more clearly if yu don't want to be misunderstood.
Perhaps you need to learn something about connotation.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Perhaps. So enlighten me, what did I miss connotation-wise. I see no other meaning than the denotative one in what you wrote?
If I said, "his mother must have dropped him on his head as a child," would you think I actually believed that were the case? Obviously I just mean, "he is stupid." When I say, "your mother must not have hugged you as a child," I just mean, "you are very angry."

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is this? Ramblings of a bitter Russian? What do you expect from American commentators anyway?
Great, another retard who thinks this is about my nationality. I'm not bitter. I don't care much who wins this match. I've never cared much about the Davis Cup, because I think it's a weird format for tennis. In addition to that, I would never support Russia just becaus I'm Russian. I've alway found that stupid. What the fuck do I care what country the playerscome from? What matters to me is how much I like their game. In soccer, for instane, my favorite teams are the Netherlands, the Czech Republic and Argentina, not because I have anything to do with those countries, but because they play the game I enjoy watching the most. It's the same in tennis. When Russia played Chile earlier this year, I wanted Chile to win, because I like Gonzalez more than any Russian player.

So returning to your question - what is this? This is me wondering how professional commentators can spew so much bullshit. Why would I expect American commentators not to understand Youzhny's style of play? How is saying that he is a counterpuncher more okay if the commentator is American? :confused: And about Blake - they do acknowledge that he is mentally weak, so it's not like they make him out to be flawless. Saying his forehand is versatile is just wrong.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I said, "his mother must have dropped him on his head as a child," would you think I actually believed that were the case? Obviously I just mean, "he is stupid." When I say, "your mother must not have hugged you as a child," I just mean, "you are very angry."
Well, DUH! THAT'S your "big point"? The above goes without saying. Perhaps you are the one who should learn something about connotation. In my reply, "my childhood" could be extended to basically any external factor. Why the heck would you read in me being angry in the commentators sucking? Wait, you agree that they suck, but just because I use more foul language than you would have, I must be angry or some bullshit like that? Maybe I just don't give a fuck about political correctness and write precisely how I feel like without sensoring myself. Did that ever cross your mind?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts