Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paris Bercy i guess then as its massive ??

still been a good weekend with the Russian women being World Champs in Athletics

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Maybe it would be possible to get tix from Russian Federation? It would be so much nicer to have a compact group of Russian support..

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Oh, please, let's enjoy the victory for now.

Santoro :mad: . The French must be happy they have him. Marat's losses to him have already become ridiculous :fiery:

And Marat will already be dead meat after his hectic fall schedule unless he'll lose everything in 1st rounds. :confused:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Go France:bounce:

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the Davis Cup final isn't until end of November
its the weekend following Shanghai
so its plenty of time

there's a week's break between Paris and Shanghai as well.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Are you going, Eggy? It is pretty close to you, and that's a weekend..:) Can we have a Russian Roulette meeting there?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The question is if there is a certain amount of tickets reserved for Russian fans. I`m afraid that all tickets will be sold in few days - here is a huge raise of interest since France is a Cup holder. I can ask smb in the Federation about the tickets. I remember they did organize trips to Sweden last year. I can ask at the Kremlin Cup. Or you can phone them now. Ask Kalivod or smb else. They usually were very helpfull.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I know the USTA got a part of the tickets for the semis (1500 out of 15000 for each day) so it should be the same for the Russian tennis federation.

They are not talking of Lyon anymore but Paris or Marseille.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
After the way Grojsean and Clement won their live singles matches this weekend, there is no way Forget will pull one of them for Santoro. If he does insert Santoro into the singles lineup, there might be dissension among the ranks! :eek:

And all I heard all year was that Russia would play all of it's Davis Cup matches at home. I guess somebody forgot the French. Russia would have beaten the American team. But they are underdogs against the French.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arnaud if he played would play Marat on day 1 and there is no chance of him beating Marat on clay (if they picked clay)

I don't think Arnaud would be on the team vs Russia if they pick clay.

Roddick on clay is pretty hopeless and Arnaud took care of that.

me thinks
Grosjean vs Kafelnikov
Santoro vs Safin

doubles

sunday
Grosjean vs Safin
Clement or Another or anyone else but Santoro vs Kafelnikov

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
Forget just said that frenchies will be the underdogs against Russia,but maybe he's just too humble... ;)
btw i was in Roland Garros this weekend and France really played solid tennis,they practised very hard for last 2 weeks,harder than americans,i can confirm this cos i saw them in practsing and they really didnt have a moment off!i think France will be the favourite if they play on clay,on other surfaces Russia is the fave!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I wish it was clay. Marat would be favourite against any of them on clay. Yevgeny would be favourite on clay against any French player except for Grosjean. Trust me, it will be fast carpet indoors. Indoors is Grosjean's best surface. He won Bercy last year beating in the final none other than Kafelnikov. Russia will be slight favourite on clay. France would be slight favourite on carpet or hard.

·
Banned
3,527 Posts
if they play in Bercy like it seems,it will be very fast carpet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We trust you ys ;)
What`s more Guy just mentioned that he prefer to offer us a carpet, but not very fast one. He wants to have an ability to vary the squad and the tactics.

LindsayFan, Marat also said Russia are underdogs. It`s quite normal attitude towards the final :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts