Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
Did he simply not care? Copil has been in terrible form for a while now, but it's not like he wasn't taking matches seriously.
You can't lost 2-0 to Benjamin Lock, under your favourite conditions, even if you are in the worst form of your life. You should've seen the match, he was so bad.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Marius apologized for his poor performance in an Instagram post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv4XBScAT-m/

Google Translate:

"I want to apologize to my colleagues and to the Romanians. Unfortunately, I'm going through a difficult time and I have not been in shape today. In tennis it's like life, there are ups and downs. Since the beginning of the year there has been a regression, but they do their best to find me again and to play back to maximum capacity.
I look forward to the victories with optimism and I'm sure they will soon appear.

The confrontation with Zimbabwe is in full swing, and I, as a member of the team, will do my best to make the mistake today. Congratulations, Dragos, for the victory!"

(I suppose it means "make up for the mistake")

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey, guys, I know that Lock's ranking suggests something terrible, but it's not like he can't play tennis. Actually I saw him love during Poland/Zimbabwe Davis Cup Match in Sopot last year and those are little things that make difference between #600 and #100.
I haven't seen Copil's match but anything can happen when one has better or worse day, that's the beuty of our sport and give some credit to underdog

·
Registered
404 Posts
Very weird slump for Copil... but his results have always been like this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts