Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wild was leading 4-6 4-5* 30-30 and then was broken when serving for the match.
Wild has this strange mentality of losing the plot after getting very close to the win. Its because his temper is really bad and he thinks he is "too good" to keep fighting more.
Although he was simply destroying Millman in the first set, leading 1*-5 before an interruption gave some momentum to Millman to win some more games in the first set.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Have you seen this happen many times? He looked pretty convincing closing out matches last week.

Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Interesting that Australia is happy to let a ball-tampering cheat represent them.

Seems like the sporting authorities there have learned nothing from the disgrace of their cricketers.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,322 Posts
Interesting that Australia is happy to let a ball-tampering cheat represent them.

Seems like the sporting authorities there have learned nothing from the disgrace of their cricketers.
you're still holding onto that?

As far as I know, there's not been an official enquiry into it. Only the opinion of one tennis pundit, Sven Groenfeld. Why don't you go and fight some other battles, dude?

With Nick and De Minaur out, Millman was their next logical choice in any case.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you seen this happen many times? He looked pretty convincing closing out matches last week.
Wild is considered someone with bad temper and spoiled in brazilian tennis circles that acts a little bit like Fognini. I feel like he tanked a bit after losing the break on second set. But in terms of mentality and confidence he usually delivers, because he is insanely ambitious.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Tough loss but he'll learn against experienced Davis cup player.

Can't have much prep given he was playing in Chile on Sunday night and had to then get to Adelaide. Rough schedule.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
As far as I know, there's not been an official enquiry into it.
I don't need an inquiry to form an opinion on such a blatant and public act of cheating, both the ball-tampering and the constant coaching from Lleyton Hewitt.

At this stage, I merely hope that his cheating has alerted the authorities to possible other methods of cheating.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
What a 'Wild' match that was....
Its also ironic that Wild won his first ATP title last week while Milkman is still zero...which is a shame, at least he deserves more than Tomic has in his career

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Wild is considered someone with bad temper and spoiled in brazilian tennis circles that acts a little bit like Fognini. I feel like he tanked a bit after losing the break on second set. But in terms of mentality and confidence he usually delivers, because he is insanely ambitious.
So He'll blend in just fine with the likes of zverev , tsitsipas , medvedev . Another sign kid has a future in the top

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't need an inquiry to form an opinion on such a blatant and public act of cheating, both the ball-tampering and the constant coaching from Lleyton Hewitt.

At this stage, I merely hope that his cheating has alerted the authorities to possible other methods of cheating.
It's not cheating if it's within the rules.
Plenty of people have no issue with it..

It's like saying. An underarm serve is cheating...

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
It's not cheating if it's within the rules.
Plenty of people have no issue with it..

It's like saying. An underarm serve is cheating...
Just because some novel form of deviousness has not yet been legislated against does not make it "within" the rules.

It takes a nasty piece of work to adopt an illegal cricketing practice and try to make it work in tennis, just because there's no explicit law against it yet.

The reason no one has tried it before in tennis yet is because it's such a transparently low act that most people would find it too embarrassing.

And BTW: getting coached during a match is (explicitly) cheating.

If John Millman wants respect, he shouldn't be so underhand.

It's exactly his kind of low morals that led to the Australian cricketers being disgraced.

And as I said above, anyone who tries scummy tactics like that is apt to do anything. I hope the authorities have taken note.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts