Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My guess is less than 15 in the 4 singles and thats being generous.
about 20 in all :eek:
even Todd Reid and Ryan Henry would make it 5-0 for the Aussies.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
will GB drop down to a lower category with this impending whitewash?

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
If they lose, they will have to play the qualifying round in september to get back in the World Group. That is, when they lose.

And Andy - If Scud loses his matches to Lee whatshisname and the other guy who is also a bit better than Barry Cowan, whos name i only know because he took Pete to 5 at Wimbledon in 2001 - then I will gladly write 5 threads on why Petr Korda was the greatest player of all time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rebecca said:
If they lose, they will have to play the qualifying round in september to get back in the World Group. That is, when they lose.

And Andy - If Scud loses his matches to Lee whatshisname and the other guy who is also a bit better than Barry Cowan, whos name i only know because he took Pete to 5 at Wimbledon in 2001 - then I will gladly write 5 threads on why Petr Korda was the greatest player of all time.
That's Martin Lee and Arvind Parmar ;)

Everyone knows that this powerhouse duo will take down the Aussies 5-0

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
James is right - the aussies stand no chance :eek:

I find the number of you suggesting that Scud might lose, to be rather amusing (and yes, two out of 8 replies equals "a number" ;)).

Frankly I doubt that he's going to lose anymore than Hewitt.

They are playing on clay right? The surface where Mark won it for them in 1999? The surface where Roland Garros is playing, where Hewitt just barely holds the more impressive record (his quarterfinal is the only thing holding him ahead by a thread, where he got soundly spanked by the same guy who beat mark the year before)?

The objectivity of some of you, never ceases to amaze me.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Wow!

Good one King "I'd get to you with a point, but I'd rather correct your typos to hide the fact that I'm the least objective on the board, who only likes players based on their asses - not to mention that my post had NO point" of Aragon.

Aren't you just a GENIUS? Don't we all wish we could be so SMART and OBJECTIVE like you are :hearts:

*swoon* *faint*

Try harder Scott, that was pathetic.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
By the way - just for your "look at me board, I'm SO SMART! I can correct typos! Sure I can't argue a point objectively but I'm SUCH a smart boy! I pump myself up and make up for low self esteem by correcting typos! I'm a fucking winner!" spasm, don't go looking for me to change it.

LOL @ you.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Martin Lee isn't playing as he is injured too not that it makes any difference.

Parmar and Bogdanovic (who also has tendonitis)

the only fair solution is this, Brits should be able to field two singles players on court at once.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
TBE - I have a couple ideas to level the playing field as well.

For Mark:
- Make him serve with the wrong hand

For Hewitt:
- Tie his feet together

Maybe that, combined with two brits on the court at one time would level things? :)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, methinks you're being a might bit harsh - I predict GB will manage to steal about two sets, one in the doubles and one in one of the dead rubbers on the last day (and for sure, they're gonna be dead rubbers).

It's true that the overwhelming and combined might of Arvind Parmar, Alan Mackin and Miles Maclagan may not prove enough to defeat the world no. 1, a former Davis Cup winner on clay and one half of the best doubles team the world has ever known, but hey...

I doubt they would have had much chance even with Henman and Rusedski - they'd still have been playing away in Australia on a clay court after all.

If only we'd had Switzerland instead (thinks longingly about Henman-Federer head-to-head record)....

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Oh, before anyone tries to pull me up on my grammar and spelling, that should be a 'mite' bit harsh.

Mustn't let the purists grumble...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
This will be so boring I wont even bother watching it. I think it'll be 5-0 even with Luczak and Crabb playing singles. With the current team GB wont win a set, but the Aussie might go easy on them and let them get about 3 games each set.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts