Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, who the fuck made this seeding... :eek:

The ITF has announced the seeds for the 2008 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Play-offs draw, which will take place in London on Wednesday April 16.

The eight seeded nations are:
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Croatia
Israel
Korea
Romania
Slovak Republic

They will be drawn against the remaining eight nations in the draw:
Brazil
Chile
Great Britain
India
Netherlands
Peru
Serbia
Switzerland.
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=14603

Korea and Slovak R. seeded????? over serbia????

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, the points are collected from a few years backwards probably. Slovaks have that final appearance from 2005 counting for them and Korea has been steadily chugging along the World Group Playoffs for two years now.

Serbia has advanced for two years in a row and now they lost in the first round of the World Group so not much additional points gained there. They are a team no seed wants to face, though.

Of course there will be the customary Brazil - Slovakia -tie as always but that's part of the charm of Davis Cup.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Wow, it would be interesting if we meet Great Britain, Serbia or Switzerland :devil:

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Wow, who the fuck made this seeding... :eek:
Done according to ranking but, yeah...amazing how a number of the unseeded nations are a hell of a lot stronger than a few of the seeded ones, combined.

I was reather worried about GBR's qualifying chances...looking at that list, we have a realistic chance against all of them...although Australia and Croatia are probably the two best avoided. No doubt we will draw one of them. :help: :eek: :tape:

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
I hope Israel draws peru or india...
I hope Israel draws Serbia ;) (that is probably the only team we would be hosts to :awww: )

No Australia and Croatia please :bowdown: ( like anyone would ask me :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
damn, i was hoping GB would draw serbia or switzerland. we might have a chance now
you are lucky becouse Brazil, Chile and Peru are unseeded.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Good to see Korea seeded. They deserve it too after their form in the last few years. :yeah:

Hopefully they can draw Brazil, Peru, India or Netherlands. Although Chile and Great Britain would be fun too. Korea have never even played any of these teams, except for India of course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts