Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I would open the thread since we are a day away from the start of the season.

his schedule for the first moth looks like this:

Brisbane
Kooyong exhibition
Australian open

Wishing him luck to start the year. Dont know why he stopped playing in chennai, as that was always such a good event for him.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Isn't he doing Kooyong exhibition too?

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great idea, mate! :yeah:

Is this like the sched thread? Because as of now, traffic is too less to depart from the Match Discussion Thread for general discussion on David's matches.

----

Hopefully, it won't be Ghost Forum this year :bounce:

:lol:
hey, yeah. this is mostly to discuss his schedule for the year but if we end up discussing matches here then its not the end of the world.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or what the heck - we can keep discussing everywhere :lol:

Yes, I agree Chennai seems to suit him better. But Brisbane surface might be more suited as pre-Aussie build up? :scratch:
yeah, i guess thats true. was just thinking that he'd get more matches in chennai and he didnt have much luck playing brisbane last year. but maybe he's wanting to play in stronger events..which i cant really fault him for.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
# Player Name Age Ctry 04/11/2016 04/18/2016 04/25/2016 05/02/2016
13 David Goffin 25.3 BEL1 Monte Carlo - Munich Madrid

source: ATP Players Schedule

& French is not my first language and I don't have access to the entire article but in the part I can read I seem to understand that Goffin will play in Monaco so I think you can consider it confirmed.

source: "Un tel carton de Goffin n'était pas au programme" - La Libre.be

Code:
Thierry Van Cleemput, the coach of the 'Luikenaar/player from Liège', refuses to get carried away on the Goffin's wave of success. 
(parafrased) Just returned from Miami, Thierry departed from Zaventem to Monaco monday at noon. Before 'playing' on the Monegask clay ...
This is as far as I can get to translating it without dictionnary/translation website which I don't have access to right now, but it seems to confirm Goffin will play :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts