Welcome to David's forum Kelle :hatoff:He really needs to start believing in himself and stop making stupid mistakes at important moments.
Plus his serve and condition need better.
well, were still doing better than nishikori's forum. that place hasnt even had activity since october 17th.Welcome to David's forum Kelle :hatoff:
Hope you are more frequent come 2016.
Yeah, Goff needs to start channeling the inner Wawrinka while playing top guys. I am not going to write him off like the folks at GM but he'll surely need to toughen up more, and get used to focusing from the word GO. I'd like to see him start regretting losing even the smallest of points, steady his nerves, and technically (though he is sound) improve more on his serves and returns.
Most important is athleticism - more stamina - enjoy a diet that helps keep it on the long run, because there's no challenging the top guys without going to three sets in BO3 and 4-5 sets in BO5. They leave everything on court. He must too.
1. Increase stamina, energy during matches.
2. Decrease chokes, control nerves.
3. Always win the matches he's expected to win. No losing to top players past their prime. And start to regularly win against his own peer group. The last isn't always going to be possible but this is the one that counts the most.
Positives from 2015:
1. Our man thinks on court. He's not a ball-basher, not a pusher. Has loads of shots, and keeps varying them according to situation and the opponent he faces. Great to see that tennis intelligence :worship:
2. Self-knowledge - he knows his own physical frame, the strengths and weaknesses of his game, and plays by his strengths. His introspective nature will pay off in the long run. Also, he shows great patience and poise.
3. His forehand when he's on, is Federeresque to say the least; Dimi can only try :worship:
Here's wishing everybody posting and lurking a Happy 2016 and lets hope David gives us lots to cheer for! :aparty:
(And I hope more members besides Gliese and myself come to comment during Goff's matches. Last few months here have been a ghost forum):help: