Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It Seems like Roger may start the year with a defeat..

CHEERS!

:wavey:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=328596 said:

ARGENTINA'S world No.9 David Nalbandian has taken the final spot in the field for January's AAMI Classic field in Melbourne, becoming the fourth top-10 player in the eight-man line-up.

Nalbandian recently won back-to-back Masters Series titles in Madrid and Paris, beating world No.1 Roger Federer and No.2 Rafael Nadal.

The performances lifted the 26-year-old from 25th in world rankings to his latest position.

Nalbandian has finished in the top ten for the past five years and will be making his sixth Kooyong appearance.
Also in the field in the round-robin rehearsal for the Australian Open are world No.1 Roger Federer, Andy Roddick (6), Fernando Gonzalez (7), Andy Murray (11), Tommy Haas (12), Ivan Ljubicic (18) and Marat Safin (56).
The AAMI Classic begins at Kooyong on January 9 with the final on January 12.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
If Nalbandian manages to pull off another win at Kooyong(which I think is highly unlikely), then I think people are going to go ballistic about Fed's chances at AO. 2008 is going to be fun:)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Old news.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If Nalbandian manages to pull off another win at Kooyong(which I think is highly unlikely), then I think people are going to go ballistic about Fed's chances at AO. 2008 is going to be fun:)
I trust David, and he got what it takes to beat Roger, but im agree, its highly unlikely to happen, however i would love to see Roger ripped off once again..

I have the faith that soon Chavez wont be our president anymore and that Roger wont win the Oz Open Neither!

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you ever watched any matches from Kooyong before?

The players get no joy at all from beating Federer there.
Maybe, but it still would be sweet.. for me :devil:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Hoping Nalbandian beats Federer in exho that is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Remember the last time someone beat Federer in Kooyong and they played at the AO.

This is what happened.

Reactions: NYCtennisfan

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Hoping Nalbandian beats Federer in exho that is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Remember the last time someone beat Federer in Kooyong and they played at the AO.

This is what happened.
Exactly.

And unlike Roddick, Nalbandian doesn't desperately need a win over Federer - he has already won the last two meetings and those were proper matches.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Dave can play lights out and win here then get slapped all over the court by Fedbot a week later in the AO QF - just like 2004.

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Dave can play lights out and win here then get slapped all over the court by Fedbot a week later in the AO QF - just like 2004.
7-5, 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 is hardly a bitch slap :shrug: especially since Dave broke Fed 3 times :shrug:

Also, Kooyong is useless in determining AO matchups, its just a fun warm up

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
7-5, 6-4, 5-7, 6-3 is hardly a bitch slap :shrug: especially since Dave broke Fed 3 times :shrug:

Also, Kooyong is useless in determining AO matchups, its just a fun warm up
:worship:

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I never said it was a bitch slap, just a good old slap

i remember it was Nalbi owns him this, will win the AO that.. bla bla

then

CYA Dave. :wavey:

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
it'll be fun to see how early 08 up to IW pans out

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
it'll be fun to see how early 08 up to IW pans out
It won't be fun as its obvious Nalbandian will win the AO, without dropping a set and of course the main one - Kooyong exo. Apparently the week there is 4 tournaments taking place, Nalbandian will play all of them and of course, win them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
I don't think playing a Kooyong is a smart move from Fat Dave. He is not determined enough to make good scores on exo's and it might ruins his fragile confidence.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts