Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Ferrer ‏@DavidFerrer87
Siento deciros que no voy a estar en el torneo de Cincinnati y aun no se cuando será mi vuelta al circuito ya que no estoy recuperado....

David Ferrer ‏@DavidFerrer87
De mi lesión en el codo derecho. Os informare cuando pueda estar de vuelta. Un abrazo!

Reactions: Wojtek

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
:sad: :sad:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Great news for fans of tennis.

Reactions: wildemu

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Expected after not sounding bullish in his latest declaration..I could see him missing out on the US Open, too..Sad for Ferrer that hi GS participation streak comes at an end in this manner..But that's old age for you when it catches up..

This also means Nadal will be a top 8 seed again in Ohio and beneficent of R1 Bye and most likely again in New York...

·
Administrator
6,158 Posts
So this injury has definitely been a major one... makes sense since it caused him to withdraw from a slam after playing 50 in a row without missing one, a real shame though and it seems likely he will miss US Open now as well.

Of course he is #8 in the race and still over 1000 points clear of #9 despite not playing since Wimbledon, so if he can come back for Asia and Indoors he still has a good chance of finishing top 8 (Isner is #9 right now, which shows how weak the rest of the tour is). This injury sucks for him though, as he was on track to potentially improve on his results last year. Hopefully he recovers soon and this doesn't end up as an injury which ends his career, or at least his time as a top 10 player.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
Despite not really taking to his grinding game I feel bad for him and wish him a speedy recovery. He's really been a titan and I envy how fit he is, especially compared to my man.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
That's a pity. Hopefully he'll be fine for the USO.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
So this injury has definitely been a major one... makes sense since it caused him to withdraw from a slam after playing 50 in a row without missing one, a real shame though and it seems likely he will miss US Open now as well.

Of course he is #8 in the race and still over 1000 points clear of #9 despite not playing since Wimbledon, so if he can come back for Asia and Indoors he still has a good chance of finishing top 8 (Isner is #9 right now, which shows how weak the rest of the tour is). This injury sucks for him though, as he was on track to potentially improve on his results last year. Hopefully he recovers soon and this doesn't end up as an injury which ends his career, or at least his time as a top 10 player.
This.. Look at Nadal, he should have been out of top 10 right after RG had it not been for the dire reality of the tour..He pretty much missed half season while sucked in the following half yet he is is within a chance to finish the year top 5-6 while in shitty form for most part: Dimitrov/Cilic completely drifting; Raonic/Ferrer injured; Berdych apparently slumping and Wawrinka could be too if this latest injury/mental shot affect him..

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I wish he comes back until USO. All the best, fighter.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
Nadal, Gasquet and Dimitrov are the lucky ones in terms of seeding.
Not really, sometimes I think not being seeded is better than being seeded #13-16.

As a #13-16 seed¨in 56 players draw M1000, you need to play the R1 anyway and it's warranted you will face a Top 4 seeded player in the R3 already. As a non-seeded player you can escape that fate. ;)

Pretty much the same as being seeded #13-16 in a slam. It's better to be seeded in the #17-24 range, you'll face the same players in R3 and has a 50% chance of avoiding the #1-4 seeds in R16.

Will Gasquet play Cincy, btw? He didn't played this week.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What a shame. :sad: Hope he can be back for the US Open, though it's not looking too good.

He was doing so well in the race before injury struck. Really tough luck.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Won't be missed.

·
Registered
68,087 Posts
ouch :hug:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
When I learned that he had a problem with his elbow, I had a bad feeling about it. He may be one tough SOB, but an elbow is a joint part, and one of the trickiest ones when it comes to injury. When it goes wrong, it goes wrong, regardless of how much muscle protects your body. Might require surgery if the pain persists, but he's 33-34 already. The rehab would take a looooong time (e.g. Nishikori when he was 19, missed an almost entire season).

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts