Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowering the tone of the conversation here - oh, wait, this is GM, so maybe not - but I couldn't help noticing that a number of players have visibly been wearing dark underpants under their white shorts, in contravention of Wimbledon's all-white clothing rule, Kyle Edmund and Kevin Anderson being two of the main offenders. Remember a few years ago when they actually sent a player back to the locker room to change his underpants?! Yet nothing seems to have been said this year. Will KAndy show up for the final in black underpants again? I'm on tenterhooks!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Lowering the tone of the conversation here - oh, wait, this is GM, so maybe not - but I couldn't help noticing that a number of players have visibly been wearing dark underpants under their white shorts, in contravention of Wimbledon's all-white clothing rule, Kyle Edmund and Kevin Anderson being two of the main offenders. Remember a few years ago when they actually sent a player back to the locker room to change his underpants?! Yet nothing seems to have been said this year. Will KAndy show up for the final in black underpants again? I'm on tenterhooks!

.. Oh it was also this year too and something was said.

In fact,just before his match against Milos Raonic the Wimbledon officials told Millman what he was wearing was unacceptable so his dad then had to duck out to the local shop and find a pair of undies for him before they started.. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
If the clothing is for medical reasoning then it's allowed to be non-white. Anderson was wearing compression shorts for an injury to his hamstring, got it checked with Wimbledon and all good.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
If the clothing is for medical reasoning then it's allowed to be non-white. Anderson was wearing compression shorts for an injury to his hamstring, got it checked with Wimbledon and all good.
Seems weird that compression shorts aren't available in white or skin tone though, no?

if we can have 10 threads about roofs, one about underpants doesn't seem inappropriate :lol

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Commentating tennis on Eurosport, Jarkko Nieminen told an incident from his career at Wimbledon. He was wearing black compression shorts that you could've seen under the shorts, esp. when the shorts get sweaty.

As he told he'd have no other underpants, he was allowed to keep those black compression shorts.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Seems weird that compression shorts aren't available in white or skin tone though, no?

if we can have 10 threads about roofs, one about underpants doesn't seem inappropriate :lol
This is a great thread for MTF for sure! I can't wait until we get the :haha: Smilie back.

Was this in the main GM section? It is now in Off-Topic.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Have seen a number of players wearing dark underwear this tournament. It was farcical when an official told two american juniors to change their pants cos they had visible brand bands showing, he actually had white replacements for them. Think it was last year or year before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts