Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Federer said that he truly believes that Nadal and Djokovic will pass him in achievements and he’s come to terms with it.

Ok so now that the combined pressure of trying to win another grand slam and cementing his would-be GOAT status is off the table for the Swiss wannabe model, he can finally relax on court and play for fun. When he’s relaxed and playing under no pressure whatsoever, he will surprise billions of people just like he did at the AO 2017 and sneak in a GS win just like he did at 1-4 in the fifth set against Rafa at the AO17. That AO17 was him playing his game with no pressure as the underdog who had 0% chance of winning against his arch nemesis.

Also, did I mention AO17?

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
Well he's 39 this year. Anything could happen (touch wood) and it'd be over. For me everything from 2016 (when he had a knee injury) onwards was already a bonus. To have him still healthy and playing and having fun and showing us his magic for as long as he has been now, is like having won the lottery and we are still living with the money. How many other singles players are still playing at this age? I'm just happy he's still playing and not living in some Swiss mountains already.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
In modern tennis, players 36+ are more or less a commonality. Soon it will be the norm

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
So Federer said that he truly believes that Nadal and Djokovic will pass him in achievements and he’s come to terms with it.

Ok so now that the combined pressure of trying to win another grand slam and cementing his would-be GOAT status is off the table for the Swiss wannabe model, he can finally relax on court and play for fun. When he’s relaxed and playing under no pressure whatsoever, he will surprise billions of people just like he did at the AO 2017 and sneak in a GS win just like he did at 1-4 in the fifth set against Rafa at the AO17. That AO17 was him playing his game with no pressure as the underdog who had 0% chance of winning against his arch nemesis.

Also, did I mention AO17?
Reading all about it in your OP, I wondered why you were omitting such an obvious example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts