Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dancevic defeats Del Potro 6-4 3-6 6-3

Exciting match..yes.
A deserving win for Frank, He played cleaner than Juan Martin. :worship: Some nice points played by both but some stuck moments as well.
Dancevic BH is such a joy to watch, esp. when he tries a passing shot. smooth!
..Well, Talking about JMDP, It is incredible How much talent He has and How little He uses it! I mean.. He commit a huge amount of UES! :shrug: He's still young though.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Dancevic d. Del Potro 64 36 63 in the final match of the day.

Dancevic was confident and played excellent in the first and third sets - the wheels fell off a bit in between and allowed Del Potro to assert. The big problem for the Argentine was that he didn't assert sooner - he allowed Dancevic to control the tempo and style of the match. Too passive, too one-note from him. Some good play at times but overall he'll be disappointed he didn't do better - this was a very winnable match.

Frank looked great though overall - he's gone up a level or two lately and should really set up residence in the top 100 and stay there if he continues to play like this.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Re: Dancevic defeats Del Potro 6-4 3-6 6-3

Frankie :yeah:

very good match

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Re: Dancevic defeats Del Potro 6-4 3-6 6-3

saw this result from a mile away.

good result for PMF

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Re: Dancevic d. Del Potro 63 36 63

Good stuff Frankie and I think he plays Odesnik next.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Superb stuff from Frank :worship: , and in most people's eyes he was strong favourite to win yesterday, which is a mark of how far he has come recently. He should be able to beat Odesnik in the next round.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
JuanDel :sad:

He has all the time in the world to make something big happen, and Dancevic is no pushover of late.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
A great result from Dancevic :yeah: Only saw the final set though where he played well and showed a lot of composure, especially on serve. Speaking of which, I have often seen a lot of people disparage Del Potro's service game, especially given his height, and the little I saw of him last night did not contradict them.

Could anyone who has seen him play fairly often or is a more experienced tennis observer than I am give some logical explanations or theories for the Argentine's apparent lack of an efficient serve? Not that I expect it to be of Isnerian proportions but the stats after the second set, for instance, showed Del Potro with three aces and two double faults :eek:

Surely he can do better than that - is it just a case of still being young and needing to further develop his serve or is he growing past that excuse?

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Great win for Frank he is on the roll now Odesnik and he should win against him

1 - 20 of 34 Posts